Chapter Twenty-Two

"Do you both have anything planned today?" Emily asks us.

We have been sitting at the table eating breakfast for a little while now. I'm in the middle of cutting Chloe some cantaloupe. She loves them in little bite-size pieces.

Chloe kisses my cheek as a thank you. I smile at her and answer Emily's question.

"Actually, we do. Chloe has a date planned for us later tonight."

"Really?" Mia asks. "That sounds fun."

"It does." Kevin says. "Do you know what you're doing?"

I shake my head. "Chloe is surprising me."

"Ooh..." Mike begins. "Y'all gonna get lucky Chloe?"

Chloe chokes on her food a little. I rub her back.

"I'm not sure." She says simply, not really wanting to elaborate on the topic.

"Now Mike, I know you're single but that doesn't mean you get to know every juicy little detail about Chloe and Jayden's sex life." The Blue Ranger tells the Green with a smirk.

"That's not what I'm doing Kev-!"

"I think it is Mike." The Pink Ranger says, adding to the joke. "You seem to be very interested."

"Alright guys, no need to make Mike feel any more embarrassed than he already is." Chloe says, playing along but also putting the joke to an end.

The entire table laughs.

Jayden's Point of View

It's about 4pm now and Chloe and I have been chilling out around the Shiba House, passing some time before our date later tonight. Chloe said we are leaving around six and I am getting very excited. I'm sure Chloe can tell.

"You're really excited for this date aren't you Love?" My Baby Girl asks with a small smirk.

My face turns a light red. "Is it that obvious?"

C laughs and moves towards me. She takes a seat on my lap and my arms go around her waist. "No need to blush Hon. I'm happy you're excited."

I laugh a little at Chloe calling me 'Hon'. "I really wish I knew what we are doing..."

Chloe looks at me, knowing I am trying to squeeze an answer about our date out of her.

"I am not telling you what we are doing My Love."

I pout playfully. "Why?"

"Because it's a surprise Jayden." Chloe kisses my lips softly. "Only two hours left then you'll know. Okay Love?"

I smile and give her a kiss. "Alright Baby Girl."

---

After two hours, it's finally time for our date. 

It being the beginning winter, it's pretty cold. Chloe and I wear the same thing since morning, we just put our winter jackets over top. Chloe also takes her hair out of the braids, they're hurting her head.

We leave Chloe's quarter and walk to the doors of the Shiba House. Ji is standing there waiting for us.

"Finally time for the special date?" Our mentor asks us.

"Yup." Chloe says, moving to give Ji a hug. "Jayden is very excited."

"I can't help it." I say with a laugh. "Chloe hasn't told me about anything we are going to do."