chapter 7

I woke up around ten in the morning, I laid in bed with last night playing in my head on repeat.  Before I got out of bed I stretched my arms and legs to try and wake up more.  Going to bed after two in the morning is never a good idea.  I walked past my desk and remembered Timmy left a beaded bracelet on the couch.  I slipped it on so I wouldn't forget about it, I walked to Leah's door and lightly knocked.  I creaked the door open and seen her sprawled out onto her bed like a child.  I closed the door quietly and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair.  I looked at myself in the mirror before putting my tooth brush in my mouth.  I smiled at the memory of Timmy giving me a hug last night.

After I was done I walked out to the kitchen and glanced through the cabinets and fridge but only seen bagels.  If I ate another bagel I most likely will not be able to eat another one for a good month without wanting to throw it back up.  I walked back to my bedroom and looked through my phone.  I heard Leah's door open and heard foot steps getting closer.

"It's all fun and games until the vodka starts to taste like water."  She said walking into my room and laying on my bed.

"You were a mess last night!"  I laughed and she groaned into my bed.

"The last thing I remember is a guy walking me to the apartment door and seeing Timothée here?"  She looked over at me.

"Yeah, we got you into bed."  I looked down at my wrist while I ran my fingers around the bracelet.

"So, what was Timmy doing here so late?"  She smiled at me.

"He brought me home from work and we watched The Office that's it."  I glanced at her.

"If you say so."  She rolled her eyes playfully.

"I was going to get ready to go grocery shopping did you want to come?"  I asked her walking over the chair by the desk to sit in.

"No if that's okay with you?  My head is pounding right now I don't think I could go out into the sun."  She said while her face was halfway into my pillow.

"That's okay, you just get some rest."  I said smiling at her.

"I'll get some money so you don't have to pay for all the grocery's by yourself."  She said slowly getting up but she winced when she started to stand up.  This is why drinking alcohol never seemed fun to me.  

When she walked out I went through my clothes and grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, a Tupac shirt, and a pair of no show socks.  I went over to the desk and put on some mascara to try and liven up my face.  

"Here's seventy dollars, make sure to get some sort of pain relief for me please."  She smiled and walked back to her room.

"Of course!"  I said before closing my door to get changed.

After I put on my clothes I grabbed my phone, I opened up my contacts.  I stared at Timmy's name and his phone number.  Just call him, what do you have to lose?  I said to myself.  I forced myself to press the call button.  I held my hand up to my mouth nervously as it rang.  After three rings someone answered the phone.

"Hello?"  I heard a familiar voice say into the phone.

"Timmy?"  I asked, what if this wasn't him and he gave me a fake number.

"Yes?"  He replied and I felt so much weight come off my shoulders.

"It's Amiah, I was wondering if you were free right now?"  I asked but my stomach tighten back up.

"Of course I am, what's up?"  

"Did you want to help me grocery shop?  Leah doesn't want to because of her hang over and I didn't really want to go all alone."  I smiled nervously.