chapter 9

Almost thirty minuets later drunk Timmy finally got us to his apartment complex.  When I pulled up to the building my mouth almost dropped by how large and beautiful it was.  I pulled into the parking garage and went to the nearest parking spot.  I turned off the car and helped Timmy out of the car, he was half asleep which made it so much harder.  When we walked into the building the guy at the front desk rushed to us to help.  

"It's okay, I can carry him the rest of the way."  I smiled with Timmy hanging off my shoulder as he was waving to the guy.

"Gerald, how's it going man."  Timmy said while dragging his feet as I continued to walk.

Gerald got one of the security guards to help carry Timmy the rest of the way to his apartment.  When we got to his apartment door I looked down the hallway and seen so much beautiful art work.  They all looked like they belonged in a museum and would cost thousands of dollars.  Timmy reached for his keys that were on his key chain trying not to fall over.  How is he not sobering up yet, when he opened the door I had to almost catch him from falling again.  He walked into the apartment going straight to the couch.  I looked through the door, amazing art work on almost every wall, pictures of his family, some were still of Lily, and his living room that had the biggest windows ever that were facing the city.

I walked through the door and shut it behind me, I stood there not knowing what to do.  I looked around the corner and seen a the kitchen.  

"Why are you just standing there, come in and sit down."  Timmy said laying upside down half way off the couch.  

I took off my shoes and walked over to the chair that was angled to the large tv that was hanging off the wall.  My eyes wondered the whole apartment, every angle, from the art work, the pictures, the grey walls with a hint of beige, the light wood on the floor, and the three doors down the hallway.  I wonder if his bedroom had this same aesthetic with the same expensive art work that could pay for five generations to go to college.  He sat up from the couch, his face red as a tomato from hanging upside down.

"Thank you for bringing me home, and thank goodness we didn't get pulled over."  He laughed while rubbing his eyes.

"Me too, but I would do it again."  I gave him a quick smile and looked back out the ceiling to floor length windows.  

I could sit here all night and just watch the city, I miss the peaceful nights and hearing the sounds of nature.  Here in New York if you just take in the city it's worth it even the periodically honking or someone yelling while walking down the street.  I could feel Timmy's eyes on me, I wonder what he was thinking.

"It's amazing isn't it."  He said.

"It really is, I wish I could feel like this forever."  

"You can stay the night, it's pretty late and I don't really trust getting an uber after midnight."  He got up without falling on his face.

"No, it's okay really."  I got up to walk to the door.

"Please, I can give you a ride home tomorrow morning and know that you got home safe."  He leaned on the couch to keep his balance.

"First thing in the morning?"  I asked for reassurance, I feel bad leaving Teddy at the apartment.

"Yes, I'll even set an alarm for eight."  He smiled and walked over to the fridge.

"How much did all of this art work cost?"  I asked walking around the living room taking in every single masterpiece.

"Well about ninety percent of it was gifts for the movies I was in but the other ten percent was worth too much.  I will say it was worth it but I don't know if I would buy it again if I had to."  He grabbed two waters from the fridge and slid one across the island in my direction.