My First love

Sailor Mars was going through a play-by-play of the night's fight and, more specifically, Sailor Moon's various mistakes.

"First off, where were you when they handed out balance? I swear, it's a wonder you have survived these fourteen years! And, really, what were you thinking when you stopped in the middle of the field? You were a clear target! I'm convinced, truly convinced, that all that sugar you eat during the day is going straight to your head and making you more of a fluff-brain than you already are!"

Sailor Moon tuned Mars out. There was no real heat in her voice, anyway. And though she would enjoy insulting her back on most occasions, all she wanted now was to crawl back into bed and sleep. So she leaned up against the tall Sailor Jupiter and proceeded to nap on her feet, serving the dual purpose of catching up on her sleep and driving Mars further up the wall.

Mars, however, was undaunted, and continued to expound on Moon's many faults even after Sailor Moon started to snore softly in her face.

"Give it up, Mars. She isn't listening to you," laughed Jupiter, reaching out a long arm to steady her napping friend.

"Well, she should. I don't know how many times..." continued Sailor Mars, nonetheless lowering her voice as it finally registered that Sailor Moon had actually fallen asleep.

"Ah, give her a break. Her day didn't go that great. I heard Ms. Harun-"

Sailor Mercury flailed desperately to cut off Venus' revealing speech, clamping her hand tightly over the other girl's mouth. Wide eyed, Venus turned to stare at her usually reserved friend, only to catch sight of what had set Mercury off. A tall, elegant figure strode purposely towards their group, cape fluttering behind him. Tuxedo Mask.

The four stood in various states of disbelief, watching the man who'd always disappeared from them finally step forward, and quite forgetting their dozing leader leaning on Jupiter's shoulder. It was the first time that Tuxedo Mask had ever approached them after a battle; normally he would be gone as soon as the battle ended. As it was, the only Senshi who had had extended contact with him was Sailor Moon, and only because, more often than not, he had to whisk her away from danger.

But now he made his way to them, his obvious destination the blonde Odango-headed leader in their center.

Sailor Jupiter was in a quandary, staring at this imposing man standing before her, and wondering how in the world she had forgotten that Sailor Moon had fallen asleep. And there simply was no subtle way to wake her. She tried to play it off, as if having Sailor moon fall asleep on her feet and use her, Sailor Jupiter, as a pillow was a totally regular occurrence. She straightened her head and found, amazingly, that for the first time in her life she was intimidated by a man. His eyes, behind the white domino mask, were blazing with emotions and a passion that would have brought a lesser woman to her knees. She could only gulp when she realized those incredible eyes weren't directed at her, but her sleeping friend.

Jupiter didn't know whether to pity Sailor Moon or envy her.

Sailor Mars was the first to find her voice. "What are you doing here?" she demanded, a bit unnerved at the intensity of his gaze.

Tuxedo Mask turned slightly at the blatant hostility in her voice, but did not take his eyes off Sailor Moon. "I am here only to speak to Sailor Moon," he said calmly.

Sailor Mars took an offensive step forward. "Look, buddy, we have no clue who you are. You haven't been very forthcoming about your intentions, either, so how do we know if you're an enemy or not? I'm not letting you one step near her if you don't tell us what you want straight up."

"My intention is not to hurt Sailor Moon, or any of you. I would think that my actions in that matter would speak for themselves. I only wish to have a few words with her." Tuxedo Mask clenched his fists under the cover of his cape, the reality of being so close to Sailor Moon beginning to pull slowly on his bond with her. He felt as if a large invisible hand were inexorably pushing him closer and closer to the dozing blonde, and his frustration started to build towards this warrior who barred his way.