Chapter five-Nightpaw

Ok, so I haven't used Wattpad in over a year, but I decided to upload the rest of this story coz I finished it ages ago, and now it's just sitting in my files, doing nothing. So here is the rest of Warriors: What A Nightmare!

Nightpaw waited for the other Nightpaw to answer, but he just stared at Nightpaw in shock. Finally, the fake Nightpaw opened his mouth and found his voice.

"Why do you look like me?" he asked, his tail flicking around. He looked shocked as he heard his voice.

"I don't! Look at your paws!" the real Nightpaw growled, still annoyed at his feminine voice.

The other Nightpaw looked down at his paws, and backed away, fear flooding his amber eyes.

"I look and sound like Nightpaw! Why?!" he cried. The real Nightpaw needed to confirm his suspicions.

"Flowerpaw?" he asked, his high voice ringing in his ears.

"Yes! Who'd you think I wa-" the other Nightpaw stopped mid-sentence. "Nightpaw? Is that you?" he asked.

"We've switched bodies!" the real Nightpaw exclaimed.

"So that's what Cloudfern meant when she said we 'need to know what it's like to be in the other's paws'," Flowerpaw mewed, her voice deep like Nightpaw's.

"What will we tell the Clan?" Nightpaw growled, trying to make his voice lower.

"They'll think we're crazy if we tell them the truth!" Flowerpaw exclaimed, flicking her now black tail.

"We just need to get used to calling each other our own names," Nightpaw meowed, still finding it strange to be looking at himself.

Bushes rustled in the camp, and Nightpaw realised that dawn light was filling the clearing and the sun had started to rise in the sky.

"We might be needed for patrol!" Flowerpaw exclaimed, churning her black paws on the ground and ripping grass with her claws.

"Let's sneak back in," Nightpaw suggested. Flowerpaw nodded, her amber eyes shining, and padded in front of Nightpaw.

This is going to take some getting used to, Nightpaw lamented, watching Flowerpaw sneak into camp as himself. He started creeping in after her and they both slipped into the other's nests and pretended to be asleep. Her nest is so soft. So is her fur, it feels so weird to have it.

Nightpaw wasn't happy about being leaner and less muscled than he normally was, but he knew he'd have to put up with it.

"Flowerpaw, wake up," a voice chided in his ear. He lifted his head and saw Beetleclaw, his father, looking right at him. For a moment, he was confused as to why his father was waking Flowerpaw up, then he remembered that he was Flowerpaw's mentor.

"What is it?" he asked, annoyance dragging in his voice.

Confusion filled Beetleclaw's eyes, and Nightpaw remembered at that moment that Flowerpaw was a sweet cat who was never rude. Blech!

"Dawn patrol," Beetleclaw meowed, straightening up and padding away.

Nightpaw stretched quickly, then jumped out of Flowerpaw's nest and bounded after his father. The rest of patrol consisted of Birdcoat, Ashfleck and Willowfoot.

The cold morning air stung Nightpaw's ear tip, reminding him of the wound he gave Flowerpaw. He had never had a torn ear, but now he knew how it felt. His flanks also burned slightly, but he pushed the pain away. Flowerpaw was in worse condition now anyway. 

"That's all of us, let's go," Birdcoat meowed, looking at his patrol. He nodded in confirmation and padded out of camp. Nightpaw was about to press up to Beetleclaw, but stopped himself.