Epilogue

Flowersong sat beside her mate, Nightfrost, their tails intertwined. A wide smile spread across her face as she watched her three kits step forward. They had been training so hard for the past six moons, and finally they were being given their warrior names.

Her son, Birchpaw, looked back at his mother and father. Flowersong could tell that he was nervous by the panic in his yellow eyes. His golden tabby fur was on end, even though Flowersong had just groomed him.

"He looks like you when you got your warrior name," Nightfrost commented, leaning closer to Flowersong. "He's got your fur and eyes, it's not hard to see you in him."

"Hush!" Flowersong whispered to her mate, nudging his flank.

Nightfrost smiled at his mate, then looked back at his kits. Darkpaw, his oldest daughter, had her black tail swishing from side-to-side excitedly. She couldn't seem to stay still, even as she stepped forward to receive her warrior name.

"I wish Darkpaw would hold still," Flowersong chuckled. "I can't get a good view with her bouncing all over the place."

Flowersong watched as the youngest of her three kits, Amberpaw, stepped forward with her litter-mates. She didn't seem to be quite as nervous as her brother, but her paws looked like they were shaking slightly.

Flowersong felt excitement wash over her as the ceremony began. Eveningstar said the words as old as the Clans themselves, and Flowersong eagerly leaned forward as it came time for her kits to receive their warrior names.

"Darkpaw," Eveningstar beckoned the black she-cat forward. "From this moment on, you will be known as Darkpetal. StarClan honours your enthusiasm and spirit, and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan." The leader then looked down at Birchpaw, who was clearly starting to shake with nervousness.

"Birchpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Birchgorse. StarClan honours your intelligence and strategy, and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan."

The golden tabby tom's shoulders sagged with relief when his warrior name was announced. He looked back at Flowersong and Nightfrost again, this time joy filling his eyes.

"And Amberpaw," Eveningstar continued, looking down at the dark orange she-cat. "From this moment on, you will be known as Amberflower. StarClan honours your thoughtfulness and kindness, and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan."

Eveningstar jumped down from Tallrock and placed his nose on each new warrior's head, who all in turn, gave his shoulder a respectful lick.

Flowersong was the first to start cheering out the new names of her kits. Nightfrost joined in immediately after, followed by the rest of the Clan.

"Darkpetal! Birchgorse! Amberflower!"

Flowersong felt so honoured to have her own kit be named after her. She looked at all of her kits with pride, and bounded over to congratulate them.

"I'm so proud of all of you!" she exclaimed, covering them with licks.

"So am I," Nightfrost added more calmly, brushing his tail against all of them.

"Thank you," Amberflower mewed, rubbing her muzzle against her mother's cheek.

"Let me congratulate them as well!" a voice sounded behind Flowersong.

The golden tabby turned around to see her sister, Cherrystep, walking up to her. Her belly swung heavily beneath her, weighed down with kits that would be born soon. A weary Ashfleck walked beside her, supporting her weight on his shoulder.

"I'm proud of you three as well," Cherrystep mewed, placing her tail on her sister's shoulder. "I hope my kits are as well behaved as yours."

"I know they'll be beautiful with you as their mother," Flowersong purred, reassuring her sister.

"Of course they will," Ashfleck meowed, smiling at his mate. "Now get back to the nursery, you need some rest."

Cherrystep waved her tail goodbye before being whisked away to the nursery by her fretting mate.

Flowersong's smile spread even wider when she saw her brother, Pigeonfeather, padding up to them.

"You and Cherrystep are lucky to have such good mates," he pouted.

"Oh come on!" Darkpetal exclaimed. "Specklepounce has been mooning over you for ages!" Pigeonfeather flicked her ear with his tail.

"I'm proud to have been your mentor," he told Darkpetal, a smirk on his face. "You've got my mischief, that's for sure."

Darkpetal rolled her eyes, then turned to her litter-mates.

"Come on! Let's go have our first fresh-kill as warriors!" she told her litter-mates, before running off to the fresh-kill pile.

"She's just like you, Nightfrost. Always thinking with her stomach," a tom meowed. Flowersong turned to see that it was Beeflight, Nightfrost's brother.

"Oh, shut up," Nightfrost chuckled, cuffing his brother's ear.

Beeflight had a laugh with his brother for a moment, before heading back to the medicine den.

Nightfrost looked back at his mate and pushed his nose against hers.

"Our kits are all grown up now," he mewed. "And I couldn't be more proud of them."

"Me neither," Flowersong purred. As she pushed againstNightfrost's warm fur, she couldn't help but think that the incident with themswitching bodies all those moons ago had really changed them. Their nightmarehad turned into a dream, and they were never waking up from it. 

I finished writing this story well over a year ago, I'm glad I finally had the sense to put the rest of it up! Hope you enjoyed reading, I certainly enjoyed writing it!

warriorcats-mlp out!