chapter 1

~the sad existence of dipper pines~

They said their farewells, tears were shed, and promises were given. Dipper and Wendy switched hats. Than finally, the twins were ready to go.

As they climbed on, they took one last glance behind them, taking in the faces that they won't see for another year or so, stepping on fully when the driver got impatient.

They got themselves situated on a seat next to eachother. Putting their luggage under their seat.

As the bus started to drive away, leaving behind both Dipper and Mabel's weirdest, strangest summer vacation behind for now. As they will be back next summer.

Some of the residents of Gravity falls watched as they left, all everyone could think of was, I can't wait until next summer.

As Dipper sat on the bus with Mabel, he pulled out the card that they gave him, it has the words 'see you next summer' as well as everyone's little messages.

He smiled slightly as he recounted the summer. Mabel's shenanigans, background noise. He read every single one of them. A few getting a chuckle out of him.

He distantly wondered if there's more on the other side, so he turned it over, not expecting anything really.

However, When Dipper turn to page over, the message on the other side, chilled him to the Bone.

'see you next summer, pine tree~!'

'Bill...'

As the bus drove off into the horizon, out of gravity falls, the camera did not follow. Staying for a full minute. Meanwhile around it, the seasons changed.

A few different buses drove by in a blur every time summer hit before driving back once the summer ended.

The cycle repeated four times, implying four years had past. before, finally, Time had slowed yet again.

As the bus of this summer, got closer, the camera lowered it's self down, until it went through the roof of the bus and in front of a 17 year old, Mabel pines.

This mabel, however, had half of her head shaved. While the other half was long. She didn't really have any bangs, just sectioned off parts of it. She was currently on her phone, seemingly talking to someone via video call.

She was sitting at the front of the bus, alone, but it was implied that she wanted to be alone, by all her suitcases on the seat next to her. No dipper in sight yet.

"-and she wouldn't give me a stick of gum! so I tore off her eyelashes." The girl on the phone stated in a snobby tone. I mean, is this this really Mabel's friend? Are you sure? Okay...

"O m g, you go girl!" Mabel stated in practically the same tone. "The tea, has been spilt! Was it Miranda? It's gotta be a Miranda!"

"You know it, girl! Ugh, she's such a snake!" The girl on the phone gossiped, her tone was getting snobbier by the second! God!

"I know! I swear on everything I own, that I saw her eating a whole cake, on her own!" Mabel laughed loudly not caring about the irritated glars the driver gave.

" Wait, Mabel, hunny. Is that weirdo of brother there with you? Ugh. I thought you said you were going alone!" She said furrowing her eyebrows.

Mabels eyes widened for a second before adopting an angry look. "Argh!! I know!! My dumb parents thought it would be best of both of us could 'recover our bond' this summer!" She complained out loud, as if she was hoping a certain someone would hear.