Chapter 3- Present day

As his plane touched down Niall didnt know what to expect. It had been so long since he had been back in Ireland. To long.  He remembered coming to Dublin as part of his Flicker would tour. He loved playing all over the world but Dublin was his favourite. This was where he felt most at home.

He grabbed his bags as security followed him through the airport. It took people a few minutes to realise who he was and then it was chaos.

"Niall we love you" "marry me Niall" fans would scream. He stopped to take photos with as many fans as he could. He didnt mind too much this is what he signed up for.

"Mr Horan, please this way"

He followed the security out to a private staff entrance where a black Mercedes was waiting for him.  Got in the car but before he started the car he pulled out his phone.

  Got in the car but before he started the car he pulled out his phone

He clicked add to story. On both his Instagram accounts. To anyone it would look like he was out for a drive but he hoped his close friends would know. With in second he was flooded with responses.

1D4Eva
Niall you are the best where are you going?

Futuremrshoran
Niall please like my comment. I know you will probably never see this.

There was a final message from Jackson.

JaxR
Mate you made it. Im about to fan girl about me own wedding. Pint with the lads tomorrow?

Joey was sitting at home with a glass of wine. She had made it through her first four days as a teacher. She really was proud of herself.  As she was flicking through Instagram she seen a story posted  by Niall.

All it was was a video of him driving a car. But it was enough to make her think. She took another sip of her wine letting it sit in her mouth as she swirled her tongue before swallowing. She watched it again.

She pulled her phone out and started to text Charlotte.

"Is Niall Horan actually coming to your wedding on Saturday ❤"

She felt like one of the fourteen year olds she taught in class, this was all they were talking about.

Joey thought back to last year. She had gone with one of her friends to see Niall at his Flicker tour. She had low key followed him through out his career from one direction to becoming a solo artist. She would watch his interviews and think of the boy she used to know.

There was a moment when she was at his tour she really thought he would recognise her. The lights were dim but she was near the front. She could have shouted him if she wanted. But she wasnt like that.

If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you..

She looked up and him. He paused for a second. Surly he didnt recognise her? She bit her lip and attempted a smile. Her whole world seemed to stop. She noticed his blue eyes. She had always thought they were beautiful.

Before he sang another word he was gone to the other side of the stage. Ofcourse he didnt recognise her, she felt silly for even thinking it. She began to imagine what it would be like if he had. What would she have said? Would she mention the party before he left? No of course she wouldn't. Joey was woken from her day dream by the ping of her phone. It was Charlotte.

"Yeah hes still mates with Jack. Is that ok? Do you mind?"

She thought for a second. She barely knew the boy. They certainly hadn't spoken in well over nine years. But they had kissed once.

"Sure why wouldn't it be. I'll see ya tomorrow night after work"

Niall had arrived at his hotel for the evening. He was staying at the Hilton in Dublin before driving to Mullingar tomorrow. He was going to get a hotel  but Jackson had been insistent that he stayed with him. He was looking forward to it, when he was there he wasnt Niall from one direction or Niall Horan even. He was just plain Niall.

He sat on the bed wondering what his life would have been like if he stayed in Mullingar. If he had never met one direction. Would he be with someone from school? Maybe he would have moved to Dublin to live in a city. He would have gone back to more parties he thought.

He began remembering some of the parties they had in school. Sometimes they would camp on the fields, sometimes he would drink in someone's house. He thought back to the last party he had been to. He remembered the girl. The akward kiss they had shared. He thought that probably it was both of their first kiss? He remembered she was beautiful. What was her name?

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––