Chapeter 4 - 10 years ago.

"Come on Joey were leaving in a mintue"

"Charlotte I'm not going."

"Come on please. I really wana see Jackson again. Niall will be there too I bet"

Joey wished that she had never told Charlotte about her encounter with Niall last week. She wouldn't stop going on about it.

"Ok fine"

"Yes. Thankyou. Thankyou."

When they arrived at the house party they could hear the music from outside. They didnt really know whose party it was. But that didnt really matter this was how these things worked in school. You found out about them and then showed up. As she walked in she barley knew anyone. There was people talking in the kitchen, a group of lads playing some drinking games and some girls dancing outside in the garden.

"Come on lets find a drink" Charlotte said as she dragged Joey through the crowds of people.  They finally found a space in the crowd "look theres Jackson"

Oh great Joey thought. She wasnt very fond of Jackson Robert's but for whatever reason Charlotte seemed to like him. They walked towards him and Joey noticed that there was two others there. A boy from school who she didnt know and her heart skipped a beat it was Niall. He was wearing a red checkered shirt some blue Jean's and a pair of overly white trainers. He looked good. Really good.

"Jack's hey. " Charlotte smiled as he pulled her in giving her a hug.

"Do yous want a drink?"

He handed one to Charlotte right away. Joey paused. She wasn't really allowed a drink but she thought one wouldn't harm.

As he handed her the drink Jackson smirked a little "so tell me Jo, are you staying at yer Ma's or yer Da house tonight"

What an ass. She took the beer from him as everyone laughed. Was her life always going to be like  this. "Thanks for the drink Jackson" she said as she walked off through the crowd.

"JOEY. WAIT" Charlotte shouted but it was to late she was already gone.

"Why do you have to be such a dick to her" Niall looked at his friend as he shook his head.

It was a little later. He had gone outside to get some fresh air. It was so stuffy in there he felt like he couldn't breathe. That's when he saw her again. She was wearing some black ripped jeans, a plain white shirt and her hair was scrapped back into a poney tail. She must have had another drink because she was swaying slightly. Niall walked over to the wall where she sat alone. He could hear Katy Perry playing in the background.

"Hey" he mumbled

"Hey" she whispered back.

"I'm sorry about him hes a dick ya know"

"Why are you friends with him then?"  Joey asked.

Wow. Ok. He thought as Niall jumped onto the wall with her. She really did look beautiful sitting out here in the dark.

"Are ya ok though?" He asked. She didn't respond right away but she did nodd. She turned to him and attempted a smile.

Niall noticed some of her hair had come out of place. If he was honest it was bugging him. He leaned into her a little closer to move it. But as he did she moved further away.

"Oh right. Sorry." He said

"Dont be" she shrugged.

She was just nervous she thought that he was going to kiss her. She had never been kissed before. What if she done something wrong. She did want to kiss him though. Part of her wished that he would try again.

They sat on the wall making small talk about school and what they wanted to do after school. She told him she wanted to be a teacher one day. He told her he didnt know what he wanted to do. That was a lie.

"You could do anything she said." He smiled and she laughed "I'm not joking yer good at everything"

"Im not" Niall said as he moved closer to her on the wall.

This time she didnt back away. Joey felt butterflies in her stomach, she knew he was about to kiss her. She moved to the middle to meet him and their lips touched. She was nervous but she parted her lips slightly.

He was nervous too. He didnt really know if he was doing it right. He moved his hand to lightly touch her cheek as his tounge slipped into her mouth. It was a little more sloppy than he expected. But he enjoyed it all the same.

As he pulled away he paused for a moment and said "Can I tell ya somethin. But ye cant say to anyone"

"Sure" she shrugged. She was still feeling the after effects of that kiss. She so wanted more.

"I'm leaving soon. Next week probably"

"Oh"

"Joey I'm going on the xfactor I really am."

Wow she was shocked. She knew he was a good singer but would he ever really make it?

"I'm guna be in a band"

"Wow" she whispered quietly. He was going to leave and this was going to be their only kiss.

"Next week I'll go. Will ya watch it"

"Course" she said she loved watching the xfactor. It was her favourite thing about Saturday nights.

"Come on let's go inside i need a drink" he said as he jumped off the wall.

Joey followed him inside. Part of her was excited for him. But part of her wished he would stay in Mullingar. If he did maybe he would be her boyfriend one day.

––––————————————————