My thoughts are killing me.

Third person's point of view

Nobody moved, every emotion that Gracie was feeling was as id they washed always, to be faced with her father felt like a dream and a nightmare. She stared at her drunken father in shock. Was he really that drunk to think that she was their mother. " Dad" Gracie said slowly, carefully going up a step towards him. Caleb grabbed her wrist for Ethan Anderson is very much like Noah when he's drunk. Gracie nodded her head telling him " it's okay". Caleb glared at his father, he didn't even look like him. His hair was messy and knotted, his eyes looked like he hasn't slept in weeks, and he's lost weighted. Caleb was shocked to see his father, the one who always worked out when they were younger and a boxer couch in this state, so weak and sad. His father's eyes flickered from Gracie to him and gasped, 

" Austin!" 

Everyone's jaw hit the floor, as he said the name of him. No one moved, Gracie stopped half way up the stairs. He could hear the tiny gasp leave her mouth. A loud laugh escaped their Father's mouth, jumping up and down like a child. " Wow! Michelle look it's Austin" Ethan was swaying back and forth, not able to keep himself steady. " Dad, it's me Gracie and Caleb" she pointed to Caleb, not turning from her father. Gracie said softly, Caleb could hear the tiny cracks in her throat from the mention of Austin. She took another step closer to him " Gracie" he repeated, slurring his word, staring at her confused. " No, No. Gracie's gone, it's Michelle and Austin!" he was running his hand through his hair in a panic. " Gracie was shot! She's gone" tears were brewing in his pale eyes, " And, and Caleb-" he began, choked up sobs escaping his mouth. " Dad, look at me" her voice was calm, but Caleb could hear the panic resting in it. " It's me Gracie, I was shot but I'm okay" she lifted her shirt to show the scar, " I'm okay, And that" she pointed to Caleb again " That's Caleb, Mom and Austin-" she slammed her eyes shut of the mention of his name, "went to the store" her voice broke, and a couple tears escaped her eyes. " Dad" Owen's voice popped up, she turned to him, wiping the tears " Let's go to bed" his voice was tired, and forgiving, " Okay, but when they get back tell me" He demanded, before disappearing around the corner, with Owen passing Gracie and Caleb on his way up. " Gracie-" Noah stared, but stopped when he saw Gracie crumble into a tiny ball on the stairs. Tears pouring out of her eyes, hugging her knees, the sobs the Brothers got so familiar with escaping her mouth, repeating " Austin" over and over again. The brothers had heard the cries and sobs from Gracie before, but they were nothing when it came to Austin. " Gracie, It's okay" Owen came up behind her, lifting her small body into his arms. He held her tight in his arms, carrying her to the couch. " Why, why did he leave" she whispered, tears leaking down her face, she harshly wiped them from her face. Noah grabbed her hand, holding them in hers. " I don't know, Baby. I don't know" Noah voice was soft and pained. 

Caleb sat on the steps of the stairs, with his head in his hands. He besides Gracie was closest to Austin, for they grew up together. Memories of Austin flashed through Caleb's foggy mind. He didn't know how much time had passed but the sun was now fully up, Gracie was asleep in Owen's arms, Owen tiredly stroking her hair, and Noah struggling to keep his eyes open. Everything was silent, nobody or anything dared to make a sound. But Noah Anderson couldn't stand the silence, so he broke it " What are we going to do about her" he asked the question that has been sitting in their minds since Gracie first walked in their door. Caleb lifted his head from his hands meeting Noah' dark and tired chocolate eyes, " I don't know" he whispered, picking at his nail. Caleb knew that she wasn't happy here, but he knew he couldn't stand losing her again. " Do you think she'll stay" Noah asked, staring at his hands moving his gaze from Caleb's. Owen shook his head " No, she won't" he sighed " Not after that " he said referring to the event that happened couple hours ago. He held Gracie tighter to him as of she was going tow ake up and leave all over again. Noah rested his head against the back of the couch, " Well we need to do something" he said in a 'duh' tone, staring at the ceiling. Owen rolled his eyes " Yeah! No shit, Sherlock" he scoffed, they started arguing back and forth with each other, suddenly an idea came upon the youngest brother, " We need to find him" Everything fell silent, the brothers snapped their heads towards him, staring as if her had a third head, " Caleb" Owen stared, looking to Noah for help, " It's been years" Noah said, But Caleb shook his head, " He has to be out there" he protested " If he was died, we would have found out already" He looked between his brothers, dying for an answer " Caleb, It's been 10 years" Owen urged trying to reason with his rambling brother, looking into Caleb's hopeful eyes " The chances of finding him at slim to none" Noah said, but Caleb could see the hope in his eyes " What if we find him, she'll stay" Caleb stated, almost as if one cue the brothers looked to each, to Gracie, then back to each other, and Caleb. Owen sighed, looking at Noah one more time, seeing the light in his dark eyes. 

" Fine"