The Build Up

The noise got louder and louder, scaring everyone in our camp. Everyone was looking around, trying to figure out what was happening. The only skeleton that was calm was Sci. "NERD WHAT'S GOING ON?" Edge yelled, clearly confused. "It's scanning the nearby Universes to see which ones are circulating at the moment." Sci replied as if the answer was too obvious for anyone to question it. Then the noise stopped and Sci's device made a quick beeping noise and came up with a map of what seemed to be the multiverse. Everyone gathered round in amazement to see what the device would do next. 

"Who got here last?" Sci said looking around the crowd. "Me." A skeleton with a cut across his chest said, his pixelated eye flickering "I am from Aftertale.". Sci took in this information and quickly typed some code. "Oh my! How have I never noticed this before? The universe portals seem to rotate around our area of land. The ones that are closest have been destroyed whereas the ones that haven't come nearly as close are perfectly in tact. This means that Chara is going to destroy them in order of how close they are to the core of the multiverse." He said in realisation. "So what does that mean?" The skeleton from Aftertale said. "It means we need to go to the second closest universe because Chara will be at the closest. We must teleport there. But first we need to get ready." Sci replied, becoming very serious as he spoke. "Well where are we gonna teleport to?" I asked. "We will teleport to.. Let's see.. Dusttale. An AU where Sans has ki- Nevermind." Sci said, cutting himself off. I wanted to hear what the AU was about but we didn't have time. "Everyone. Practice your magic. Any attack you have will be useful. everything will add up. We will defeat them if it's the last thing we do. Now go. Get ready." I said. once I had finished everyone dispersed and started using their magic. We all practised through the rest of the day and the whole night until everyone was confident they could help attack Chara if need be. It was nearing the end, though we still had far to go.