In Case of a Dark Dragon, Go Here: Part 1

One day at the base of the Order of Heroes, in the Kingdom of Askr, the famed summoner and tactician of the Order, Kiran, was trying to study tomes and other powerful demonic books they had acquired, or stolen, from assorted Heroes. "Is the power in the book, and not the individual?" They mused. "How strange. I got to get this down."

Kiran continued on with their reading, unaware that they were one book short.

Until they were interrupted.

"Uh, Summoner? Summoner? Are you in there?" Sharena, the princess of Askr and one of Kiran's good friends, asked nicely, as she repeatedly knocked on the door. Kiran looked up from the notes they were taking. "Yes, Princess? What do you need?" They called, as they pulled their hood down.

Roy, the summoner's support at the moment, kicked down the door. He looked frazzled, which was completely out of order for him. "WE HAVE A SITUATION!" He shouted, as he pulled Sharena inside with him. "What the-? What do you two mean by 'situation'? Is Embla attacking? Did Thorr regroup her forces? Did Arvis burn down the dining hall again?" Kiran gasped, as they leaped to their feet.

"No, worse." Sharena replied, as she steadied herself. "You know Julia, right? The imperial princess of the Grannvale Empire?" She added. "Yes, why?" Kiran replied, their arms crossed. "Did something happen to her?"

"She swore her allegiance to a dragon called Loptyr and attacked everyone with dark magic. That's gotta be considered something right?" Roy threw in, as he gestured to the window. "Go take a look. Prince Alfonse, Commander Anna, and Sir Marth are trying to keep her calm."

Kiran looked out the window at the plaza to see a brawl breaking out, with Julia in the center. The girl screamed something and held a tome above her head.

"Oh! How in the name of Naga did this happen?" The summoner gasped, as they walked away from the window. Roy shrugged. "She started acting like this a few hours ago, and it only got incredibly bad now." Sharena nodded quickly. "Alfonse and I were speaking with her when she lost it." She added. "Not only that, she started swearing off Seliph as well."

Kiran thought about it for a second and pulled out a book from the bookshelf behind them. "Roy, you said she was talking about a dragon called Loptyr?" They quizzed. Roy nodded, and Kiran scribbled something down. "I think I know who did this to Julia."

"Who?' Sharena inquired. "Her brother Julius." Kiran confirmed as they placed the book on top of the tomes they had been studying. "He was the scion of the villainous dragon Loptyr in the world where they came from, and while he hasn't done anything too evil recently, besides killing bugs and being a jerk, it wouldn't be past him to curse his own sister."

They put the book away and picked up their weapon. "Not only that, if she sees Seliph again, she'll most likely come to her senses as well. We need to get them both and soon."

"Where are they right now then?" Sharena questioned. "You see, that's the funny thing." Kiran said sheepishly. "I sent both of them to Nifl on a Lost Lore mission together about six hours ago, before all this happened.

"You have GOT to be kidding." Roy groaned.

"I'm not." Kiran sighed.

"What do we do now?" Sharena asked worriedly.

Kiran thought about it for a second and glanced over at the window, where the sound of the brawl was getting louder. "I think I have a plan." They said. "Sharena, could you go get me Ishtar and Reinhardt and meet me by the castle gates in about twenty minutes? Seliph will probably come back to save his sister, but Julius might need to be convinced by his girlfriend" The princess nodded and rushed off, and Kiran turned to Roy. "Roy, go get me any of the bird Laguz, any one, I don't care which, and meet me by the gates same time as Sharena? We might also need eyes in the sky."

"Yes, sir!" Roy quipped, rushing off.

Kiran glanced over at one of the books they had been studying, one with a dark dragon on the cover. "I hope I'm right, or we might have a problem on our hands."

******
"So the summoner thinks Lord Julius cursed his sister?" Ishtar snapped, as she tapped her heel impatiently near the gate. Sharena nodded, and the mage huffed. "Absolutely ridiculous. He's been so much better since we left that place. Don't you agree with me, Reinhardt?"

The other mage stroked his horse. "It's too early to tell, Lady Ishtar." He replied. Ishtar looked like she wanted to say something else, but Kiran came running up, panting heavily. "Hello Sharena, Ishtar, Reinhardt. Sorry I'm late, I got held up. Where's Roy?" They asked, fixing their hood.

"Right here!" Roy called, as he rushed in and while he dragged the king of the raven clan, Naesala, by his arm behind him. The raven did not look pleased. "And I got one of the birds, like you said, Summoner!."

"Summoner." Naesala acknowledged. "Why did you need me again?" Roy jumped in immediately. "We're going to Nifl to find someone and we need eyes in the sky." He  responded quickly. The raven nodded.

Kiran just squeaked, and Sharena glanced over just in time to see the summoner as they turned scarlet under their hood. The princess didn't say anything about it. "Okay everyone's here. Can we get going?" Ishtar grumbled, crossing her arms. "Julius better be okay, or you're getting a taste of Mjolnir, Summoner."