Dramatic Vacation: Part 4

"Well, we're here." Kiran called, pushing the summer fortress open, Feh balancing on their shoulder. "I should probably go write Alfonse and Sharena about that." Lethe leapt up right behind her, and crossed her arms. "Where's the training ground?" She snapped, lashing her tail. "I'm not fighting on the beach, sand will get my paws!"

Ranulf yawned. "Maybe, instead of training nonstop, you could, oh I don't know, relax a little? It would be nice" He mumurmed, nudging Lethe on the arm. The female cat hissed in response. "A warrior of Gallo's does not relax!" She snapped.

"By Naga, this place is gorgeous! It's even on the seaside" Julia gasped, pulling Seliph and Julius into the fortress and past the other group. "Oh, I wish to go explore this wonderful place., especially with you two!" She turned to her brothers, with a pleading look on her face. Seliph smiled. "Of course, Julia." He said, but Julius ignored both of them, and stormed off. "Then get lost already!" He hissed, stalking down one of the many hallways.

Julia sighed, her happiness gone, and Seliph led her out of the room. "Come on, Lethe. As your superior, I order you to head to the beach and relax a bit. Trust me, you need it."" Ranulf mewed, transforming into a cat and hauling the angry Lethe away, leaving only Kiran in the room.

The summoner yawned, when Feh suddenly nudged them. She was holding a letter in her beak. "Oh? What's this?" They asked suddenly, picking it up. Upon going to read it however, they heard an especially loud sigh coming from the hallway where Julius had stormed down. "Looks like the letter has to wait."

Kiran pocketed the paper, and walked down the hall, stopping near one of the many rooms to reveal Julius curled up in a chair staring furiously out a window.

He was watching Julia and Seliph explore the fortress excitedly. "I miss Ishtar." The prince grumbled, then he noticed the summoner. "What do you want? Can't you see I'm trying to sulk here?" Kiran sighed, and rolled their eyes. "What's wrong, Julius? Why aren't you with your siblings?"

He didn't reply. "Come on, Julius. I can't figure out what's wrong with you by myself." The summoner muttered, scratching Feh under her beak. Julius scoffed, and glared at Kiran. "Oh please. Like you care. Why did Julia even haul me here with Seliph and those idiotic felines anyway? Does she want to gloat in my face?" He growled, dark enegry beginning to spark around his hands.

"What? NO!" Kiran snapped, leaping up, and scaring Feh a little. "Julia wanted you and Seliph to come on this trip so you would finally stop fighting, and bond with each other as siblings! What on earth does she have to gloat about?" Julius rolled his eyes. "Oh, you don't think she has anything to brag about? Try that sparkling, beautiful hairpin she's been wearing for the past three days straight, just to rub it in!"

The summoner glanced out the window and noticed something sparkling in Julia's hair. "What in the name of Naga does Julia's hairpin have to do with anything?" They asked, crossing their arms. "Who even got it for her?"

"ARVIS!" Julius screamed, causing Kiran to jump, and Feh to flutter to the rafters in fear. "My terrible, awful, horrid, father got it for her. He dotes on her all the time, and treats her like an angel, while Saias and I are nothing more than DIRT to him!" He threw his hands in the air. "You know the one time Arvis acknowledged my existence.? Do you want to know, Summoner? He told Sigurd and Eldigan, the two men he BURNED ALIVE might I add, that I was an abomination and should be dead! The fact he refuses to speak to me while spoiling Julia is terrible, and watching SIgurd appreciate Seliph while my own father doesn't even look at me is torture!"

Kiran was quiet. "Gosh, Julius, I didn't know that. You should've told me sooner, I want to help you Heroes." They whispered, patting the man on the arm, who hissed. "Have you tried talking to Julia and Seliph about this?" Julius shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Oh, like they would care." He muttered, crossing his arms. "It's still worth a shot." The summoner tried. "Come on, I'll go with you."

The prince sighed, and slowly nodded, standing up. "Fine then. Let's see how this goes." He hissed.

******

Lethe, in beast form, lashed her tail and watched the golden sand with a crazy look in her eyes. "Come on, come on." She breathed, her claws out.

The crab surfaced and skittered out the sand, looking around. Lethe pounced and snapped the crab's shell. "Gotcha!" She mewed excitedly, transforming back and throwing the dead crab onto a small pile of crabs. "We're eating crab tonight, Ranulf!"

Ranulf looked up from where he was trying to nap and sighed. "Lethe, when I asked for you to relax, this is not what I was talking about." He muttered, rolling over. "Well since you're done murdering crabs, I guess this a good time to ask a question I've had for a while." Lethe glanced over at him. "What question?" She asked, waving her tail.

"Why did you make yourself the summoner's bodyguard?" Ranulf asked. "I thought you didn't like beroc." The female laguz sighed. "The poor summoner is a good person, but they can't fight and are a bit of a ditz." She sat down and curled her tail around her legs. "I want to make sure that they don't get tricked brutally by any unsavories and that they live for a good while."

Ranulf smiled, and punched Lethe on the arm. "That's oddly sweet of you, Lethe." He said. "Speaking of the summoner, here they come now!"

Kiran came running over to them, and plopped down, looking exhilarated. "Hey, Lethe, Ranulf! How are you?" They asked, crossing their legs. Lethe sideways glanced at them. "You looked excited." She said, drumming her fingers into the sand. "What did you do?"

"Oh, nothing. Just closure!" They replied excitedly. "Speaking of, I have this letter that Feh gave me. Guess I should read it soon!"

Ranulf and Lethe looked at each other, completely lost. "Then, maybe you should read it?" Ranulf tried, confused. Kiran nodded eagerly, and ripped the envelope to shreds, opening it and reading it quickly.

Their face slowly changed from one of excitement to slight horror. "Oh. I gotta go write closure for me." They said quickly, jumping up. "Have fun you two!"

As Kiran ran off, Lethe picked up the envelope, and looked at it. "Oh by Ashunera, it's from the raven king." She muttered, throwing the paper off to the side. "Why is King Naesala writing letters to the summoner?" Ranulf asked, still confused.

Lethe shrugged. "Who knows? I hope that closure is good, whatever it is."

*Hello again my wonderful readers. Platinum here. I hope you are all having a good day. Sorry about the mostly filler writing today, I'm planning some great twists in the epilogue, so I hope you're excited for that.

On another note, writing the first part of this chapter was interesting, as Julius is such a complicated and tragic character, and his relationship with his father Arvis is something else. It was interesting to learn and write about, and is something that isn't really explored in FEH.

Speaking of Heroes, since Bridal Beloveds is about to end, did any of you readers summon one of the featured characters in the event? I got Rafiel: Blessed Wings, and he's an interesting unit. The heron laguz are some amazing characters, with Reyson as my all-time favorite.

Anyway, that's all for me today. Have a great rest of the week my phenomenal readers and I'll see you at the next chapter. This is Platinum, your friendly neighborhood fanfiction writer and artist, signing off!*