Enigma: Part 3 and Epilogue

"Well, Lilina." Roy whispered, as the duo stared at the enormous Embliam army camped out near the castle. "I guess we can confirm our worst fears." Lilina nodded, but she still held her tome firmly. "Yep. But our fathers would not approve if we just laid down and died." She replied, glancing over the enemies. "We may have a chance yet."

Then they noticed the army's leader.

It was Embla's prince, Bruno.

"Okay never mind." Lilina muttered, crossing her arms. "We're done for." Roy grit his teeth. "It's okay. We do this for those we must protect!" He called, raising his blade.

That's when the two of them began to feel a dull pain in the back of their heads. "Roy, what's going on?" Lilina whispered, rubbing her forehead. "I thought Bramimond remained in the resort!" Roy shrugged, and stumbled, leaning on his sword. "I don't know." He replied. "I honestly don't know."

The two of them collapsed to the ground, right next to each other. Far away, Bruno gave an inaudible shout, and the army began to advance.

"Pitiful." Bruno's voice echoed, as a lone figure walked up to face the opposing army. Bramimond glanced blankly at the unconscious duo and waved a hand, moving the two kids aside.

The man calmly lifted up his book, and opened it, pointing his hand forward. "Pitiful." He repeated, flicking a finger at the army.

Every soldier on the field was obliterated at once by glowing purple light, as the sky grew black and wind howled. On the other side of the field, Bruno watched his soldiers fall and quickly rode off before he could join the dying mass. Bramimond closed his tome as the sky cleared. "Power is not to be used like this.." He said in Roy's voice. "It is not to be abused."

He turned around and walked back toward the castle, telepathically lifting up the unconscious Roy and Lilina and carrying them back as well. "Two children have promised more hope than a thousand armies. Humanity has hope still.." He said aimlessly to no one in particular.

******

Roy gasped awake, and found himself in the castle infirmary. Lilina was asleep in the bed next to him and his sword was placed on a night table beside his bed. "WHat happened?" He muttered, rubbing his forehead as Lilina yawned and sleepily looked up. "I remember seeing the army and then my mind went blank."

A knocking on the door distracted them "You two awake? Can I come in?" Kiran asked, sounding worried. "Yes1" Lilina called.

The summoner opened the door quickly, Feh fluttering in next to them. "Feh gave me the letter you sent!" They said quickly, sitting down in a chair. "I can't believe he said something that awful, especially considering what he did afterward!"

"What did Bramimmond do?" Roy asked, confused. Kiran sighed, and scratched Feh on the head. "He brought you two back here, and dropped you off in the infirmary, weapons and all. Then he left without a word." They replied. "He might be in the library right now, I'm not completely sure."

Lilina and Roy glanced at each other. "How odd." Roy said to himself, while Lilina was more open. "What happened to the army?" She asked, sitting up. Kiran shrugged. "They all vanished somehow. Nobody knows what happened." They said standing up. "That's all I can say right now, I need to go, because your dads just got back and I think they want to see you two, Hector's losing his mind. I'll go get them."

They went to leave and stopped quickly, taking something out of Feh's talons. "Oh this is for you two as well!" Kiran said, handing it to Roy before quickly leaving. The boy glanced down at it. "How odd." He said, ripping it open.

"What's it say?" Lilina asked, looking over at him. Roy just stared at it. "It says 'Do as you like. The Archsage would be proud. Humanity may have hope after all." He stated, confused. "What does that mean?"

She thought about it for a second. "Well, Athos is the archsage and I believe Bramimond knew him. Is he comparing us to the archsage? Was that letter from him?" Roy placed the paper on the table alongside his sword, as Lilina giggled. "What's so funny?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"We never did get to act like the detective and assistant in my book." The girl laughed. "Oh well, maybe another time for another duo." Roy sighed and smiled just as there was another knock on the door.

"Roy? Lilina? Are you two awake? May we come in?" Eliwood, Roy's father, called, sounding deathly worried. "Yes, come in!" Roy called back.

I will forever be somewhat salty that I never got Bramimond in his event. Ah well, maybe he'll return in another mythic hero event one day.

On a different note I got both Loki and Micaiah recently while trying to go for duo Ephiram, so that's cool. Micaiah especially was exciting as she's one of my favorite FE protagonists and characters from the Tellius series as well.

See you in the next oneshot folks! This is Platinum, signing off.