Teokomst Newspaper ( II )

I wake up and stretch out my tired limbs. Guess I dozed off while typing because why else would I be in my office chair. I groan and notice that the newspaper is gone. What the -
I search all around my desk but can't seem to find it. I'm too fucking tired for this shit. I head upstairs and change my clothes.

Where the fuck is it. I've been looking for that dammed newspaper for what has felt like a decade. Feeling a bit blue? To the couch! I turn on the television. The news is the first channel that automatically comes up whenever I turn on my TV. First thing was sports day. Sports day is a part of the news that tell you different things that happens through the week evolving sports. I'm startled as I hear that France had won by four goals. What kind of shit is this?

Next up is breaking news. All the crappy stuff is all on that part. I'm baffled as I hear about some old woman getting stabbed, teenager strangled, celebrity stealing from member of the public, mans' ear bitten off by drunkard, child being tortured by teens! Now things are just fucking weird. I'm so damn confused.

I rub my forehead and sigh. This shit is giving me a headache. Suddenly the letter hole rattles. I leap out off my couch and dash to my door. I'm somewhat disappointed to see the "daily express" instead of the "toekomst". I pick up the newspaper and sit down on the edge of my couch. Something immediately catches my eye. " Serial killer running loose in town read more on page seven," I quietly read. I speed over to page seven and it says: SERIAL KILLER RUNNING LOOSE IN TOWN!!
YESTERDAY MORNING ANNABELLE SIMPSON ( AGED 9) WAS FOUND DEAD ON ST PETERS STREET WITH TWELVE PUNCTURES, SO DEEP THAT SHE THEORETICALLY DIED ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. WHEN WE THOUGHT THAT IT COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE, 2 HOURS LATER VENESSA LARSON ( AGED 19) WAS ALSO FOUND DEAD IN HER ROOM WITH THE SAME NUMBER OF PUNCTURES. NOT LONG AFTER, THIS MORNING ALISON GALAEYA ( AGED 22)WAS IN HER ROOM WHEN SHE SUDDENLY SCREAMED AND THEN WAS DEAD, ACCORDING TO HER ROOMMATE WHO CLAIMED WAS IN THE SAME ROOM AT THE TIME. PEOPLE HAVE ASSUMED THAT THE FRIEND AND ROOMMATE OF ALISON GALAEYA IS GUILTY BUT THERE ISN'T ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO CHARGE REENA PATTON ( AGED 22 ) WITH MURDER. IT SEEMS LIKE THE MURDERER HAS ONLY TARGETED FEMALES. THE POLICE HAVE PUT THEIR MINDS TOGETHER AND ARE TRYING TO SOLVE THE CASE. CITIZENS DON'T WORRY, WE CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT YOU'LL BE OK BUT WE CAN GUARANTEE THAT THIS WILL BE OVER SOON.
Article by Sarah Gilbert.

I jump in suprise as the letter hole rattles again. I rest my hand on my chest and sigh. I get on my on my feet and head to the door. I'm somewhat overjoyed to see the teokomst newspaper lying on the floor. I snatch the newspaper off the floor and pause. I just remembered that I have to right that fucking draft. I set the newspaper on my the couch and dash upstairs.
It's dark out now and I was beginning to doze off. I switch on my brain and take a sip of my coffee. I remember the newspaper on my couch and decide to have a read, well I guess watch.

I turn over the first page and my eyes boggle as I see a familiar woman being stabbed by a hooded man. The woman seems too familiar. That's when I realise that the woman is my butt of an editor! Another one dead i guess. The hooded man seems familiar too but I can't put my finger on it. He's wearing a black zipper, jeans and gloves. His shoes are Nike and white and he's wearing
a white skull mask. How convenient. After stabbing my bitch, he turns around and points at my direction which sends shivers down my spine. I flip through the newspaper and keep on seeing the same masked man. I approach the end of the newspaper and suddenly notice something. Every woman has the teokomst newspaper in front of them. That raises some disturbing questions. Why is it only women that seem to have the teokomst newspaper? Can only women see it? Maybe the receiver can see it. If not why didn't any of the police see the newspaper, at one of them had to be a woman. But the most striking question was, what if I'm his next victim.

I lie in bed and groan. I couldn't sleep last night. I was so damn scared that I shit my pants. I climb out of bed and the sound of my phone ringing. I pick it up and gasp. " Your canceling the making of my novel! I've been working on this for the past six months!" I exclaim. All those bastards could say was " sorry". I ended the phone call. Fuck . I go downstairs and sit down on my couch. My life freaking sucks. I'm gonna grow up and become old and die alone. I'm a single old grump.

Afternoon swings by and I'm still on the couch. I guess that's where I belong. I'm suddenly a couch potato. I flinch as the letter hole rattles once more. I stay seated. There's no way in the hell will I go near that newspaper.

Evening comes and I'm standing in the kitchen. I sigh and go pick up the newspaper. I know I'm doing something stupid but I'm bored. I flip over the page and go upstairs. I watch the images move and I wrap my hand around the banister. I didn't even notice that I was in my room. I'm so... mesmerized. I had got used to all the gore. It's showing the deaths again. Just before I turn over the next page, I feel somebody's cold breath tickle my neck...

            Teokomst Newspaper
                           End

Authors finishing notes - so this is the first story finished. Please remember that this is a series of short stories in on big story? So I'm going to crack on to the next story. Don't know when that'll come out but I'm going to work on it as soon as this is published. I don't make up these stories as I go, I already have them written down except for two that I've only got the skeleton for and still need to add flesh. So please stay tuned 🙏