the one with the release

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this! Keep calm, carry on, back to OBX life

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this! Keep calm, carry on, back to OBX life."

Rosie walked alongside Kiara towards the scattered crowd of people all seated in front of a large movie screen. She nodded along to her friend while Pope and JJ trailed a few paces behind. John B had been MIA since they failed to find the gold in the Royal Merchant earlier that day, but Rosie just figured he'd want some time alone.

Kie had gathered the rest of the group to attend the OBX Summer Movie Series. Rosie wasn't hard to convince. She agreed with her friend-- they needed some normalcy in their lives with recent events. Pope and JJ on the other hand, were reluctant. Pope had been very on edge in the past couple of days, and it was obvious the two boys knew something that the others didn't.

"You know?" Kie broke Rosie's train of thought, "Aren't you guys glad we made you come?"

Rosie grinned and turned to the boys behind her, who looked less than thrilled.

"Ecstatic," Pope deadpanned.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest," JJ grumbled alongside his friend.

The group stopped at a good spot to set up their blanket. Rosie set to work laying it out while Kie walked off to buy some drinks.

"We're out of the green zone, man," Pope spoke lowly to JJ.

"Dude, tranquillo, okay?"

Rosie furrowed her brows. She stopped laying out the blanket and looked up at the two boys. She faced their backs, so they must not have realized she hadn't left with Kie.

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia, this is the last place I wanted to be."

JJ turned around to lock eyes with Rosie. His widened immediately.

"Shut up," JJ grit at his panicking friend, but it was too late. Rosie had already heard.

"Okay, what's going on? You two are hiding something" the girl stood up and crossed her arms.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum looked at each other nervously but didn't say anything.

"Well?" she tapped her foot, growing impatient, "Spit it out!"

"Nothing, we just-" JJ started, but was cut off by Pope.

"We're guilty! Okay? We're guilty and I'm gonna lose my scholarship and the Kook's are gonna kick my ass and--"

"Hold up," Rosie tried to silence Pope who had cracked under pressure. She sat down on the blanket and the two boys followed. "Guilty of what? What did you do?"

Rosie shot a pointed glare at JJ who rolled his eyes.

"What happened to deny, deny, deny," the blond mumbled, hitting Pope upside his head.

"If you two don't spit it out right now-"

"Rafe and Topper jumped him, okay?" JJ spoke aggressive whisper, pointing at Pope. "So we got them back. They had it coming."