The One with Vienna

"I can't believe we found it!"

The giddy group of teenagers stumbled out of the basement and back towards the van. Amidst the excitment, they'd forgotten JJ's dramatic retelling of the horrors of the Crain house. Exhiliration flooded the air, and nothing could stop it.

"So what's the plan, then?" Rosie bumped shoulders with John B.

JJ, Kie, and Pope all looked to John B for an answer. In the past week or so, he'd become the unspoken leader of their group.

"Well, we need supplies. Rope, flashlights, a harness, stuff like that. Pope, can you get some stuff from your dad's shop?" John B cocked his head towards his friend.

"Yeah, only if we return it though," Pope affirmed.

"Great. So you'll get what you can, and I've got some business to take care of. Let's meet up at the Chateau in a few hours, maybe around 3:00?"

The Pogues all nodded in confirmation of John B's tentative plan. 

"Give me a ride?" Rosie chirped, tapping him with her elbow.

"You got it," he nudged her back, "Anyone else need one?"

Kie shook her head, "Nah, I gotta cover Rosie's shift. The Wreck's not too far from here, I'll just walk."

A smug look graced Rosie's features as she was reminded of the deal she'd made with her friend. Kie shot her a dirty look, but the shorter girl ignored it. 

"I'll walk too," Pope added.

John B furrowed his brows, "Heyward's is kinda far from here, you sure--"

"I'll walk," Pope interjected, shuffling closer to Kie.

John B and JJ stared cluelessly at their friend, but Rosie narrowed her eyes in thought. She studied Pope's nervous shifting and anxious eyes, and realization dawned over her. Her eyes brightened and her lips twitched. How had she missed it before? Pope was so into Kie.

"Okay, so Kie and Pope are walking. Let's get a move on!" Rosie interjected before John B or JJ could ruin Pope's moment. 

Rosie cocked a brow at the boy standing next to Kie. He shifted underneath her gaze, knowing she'd caught onto him. Nevertheless, Pope spun on his heels and escaped the scene with Kie close behind.

"What was that about?" JJ nudged John B who shrugged stupidly.

Rosie rolled her eyes at their dull-wittedness, "Don't worry about it. Let's get a move on."

She swung open the passenger-side door of the van. John B followed her to the driver's seat, but JJ remained shuffling on the sidewalk. Rosie nodded her head expectantly, waiting for the blond to follow. He shot her a hard gaze.