Should I Stay Or Should I Go? II [56]

Friday, Nov. 1
Harry slowly swam towards wakefulness, smiling slightly as he felt the magic around him. Only one place felt like that. His garden.
K

eeping his eyes closed, Harry stretched, checking his body for aches and pains as he uncurled from his curled up position, starting as an unexpected voice suddenly spoke.
"When you move like that, one could think you were part cat. How do you feel, Loveling?"
Harry blinked his eyes open and twisted around until he faced the speaker. Feeling his eyes widen, there was nothing Harry could do to prevent his jaw from heading south. "Malfoy!" he squeaked in a most embarrassing manner, taking in the relaxed manner the blond was reclining in an comfortable looking chair, a thick, old tome on his lap. "Where did you come from? How did you find this place? How long have you been here?" The questions spilled from Harry's lips the moment he thought of them. If the older Malfoy had found him here, at the one place Harry thought was safe, who else could find him here? Who else already had?
Lucius looked down at Harry, a worried frown appearing on his forehead. It was clear that Harry didn't remember why they had come here. How much else had the Elf forgotten? How much of his memories would they be able to bring back? Draco would be devastated if Harry had forgotten about him, about them. Speaking of Draco...
Lucius reached up and clasped a hand around his necklace. "Dragon, he is awake," Lucius said, keeping his eyes on the confused teen on the ground.
Lucius had barely let go of the pendant before Draco appeared beside him. The youth took one look at his mate, and letting out a cry of happiness, he launched himself at the Elf, hugging him tight all the while babbling how happy he was that Harry was awake, mingled with reproaches of how worried he had made everyone.
Lucius could only chuckle at the sight, making no moves to restrain his son or his happiness. Silently Severus made it to his other side, and together the two men looked down at the reunion.

HPDM
H

arry was happy he was already lying down on the ground, or he would have ended up flat on his back when someone jumped him. For a moment he just lay there, feeling stunned, not comprehending in the least what was going on. Then slowly, the words that were being babbled into his ears began to make sense. Not that they did anything to explain the current situation.
"Salazar and the Founders! I've been so worried, Harry. You just slept and slept, and no one would tell me how much longer you needed to recover, and by Merlin, Harry! But don't you ever scare me like that again!"
Hearing the pain in the other's voice, Harry did the only thing he could do; he reached up and wrapped his arms around the other, enveloping him in a tight hug. Feeling the other calm down slightly, Harry placed his hands on two strong shoulders and gently pushed upwards.
At first the person on top of him resisted the push, but eventually they shifted and Harry finally got a first look on the being that had been hugging the stuffing out of him. "Draco Malfoy!" Harry half asked, half exclaimed, wondering just when he had fallen down the rabbit hole.
"Harry?" Draco asked, for the first time seeing the confusion in vivid green eyes. "Don't you remember, love?" Draco reached up with a trembling hand, brushing a stray lock of hair away from where it had fallen across his mate's face.
"Remember what?" Harry asked, searching silvery eyes, feeling surprised and dismayed when they slowly filled with hurt. Why would Draco Malfoy care about him? What was it he had forgotten?
Glancing around, seeing his Potions professor for the first time, Harry managed a wry smile as he said, "I take it the reason I'm here, in the garden, has nothing to do with what happened on my birthday?"
"What is the last thing you remember?" Lucius asked, putting the book aside and gracefully getting to his feet. Reaching out a hand, he helped his son to climb to his feet as well, leaving Severus to assist the Elf off the ground.
"Umm," Harry said, then he paused. What was the last thing he remembered? Lost in thought, he never noted when Severus checked his health, or when he sent the two blonds a reassuring smile.
"I remember being upset with Ron and Hermione. I remember spending most of my summer here, at Black Manor," Harry said, glancing at the three Slytherins, taking note of the fact that they weren't surprised of their location, indicating that they knew very well where they were.
"What else?" Draco asked, his body vibrating with excitement and dread.
"Umm..." Harry frowned as a memory flitted at the edges of his awareness. Something had happened. Something important, but what?
Suddenly, his memories returned with the force of a tidal wave, and Harry gasped in pain, grasping his head as he sank to his knees. He wasn't alone for long, though; a strong body kneeled with him, wrapping him up in a strong embrace, while a soft voice murmured reassurance in his ear.
Slowly the pain receded, and Harry was able to breath again. Lifting his head that somehow had ended up being pressed into someone's neck, Harry looked into silvery eyes and breathed, "Draco? Are you okay?"
Draco chuckled. "It is I who am supposed to ask you that, love. How do you feel? Do you remember now?"
Harry nodded slowly, taking deep, steadying breaths as his stomach started to roll. "Yeah, I'm fine. Got a headache the size of France, but I'm fine. How long was I out?"
"A month and a half," Lucius said, kneeling down next to the two teens.
"A month...!" Harry asked, aghast.
"And a half. Six weeks if you prefer," Lucius added helpfully.
"Merlin!" Harry murmured, closing his eyes and hid his head in Draco's neck again.
"You needed it, love, and I would have been here, waiting for you no matter how much time you needed to heal," Draco said reassuringly, running a soothing hand up and down his mate's back.
"Thanks, Draco. I love you too. But a month and a half! What the hell did that spell do to me? On no! What about Dumbledore? And the Dark Lord? We are in sooo much trouble, aren't we?" Harry asked, looking up at the adults with despair in his eyes.
"Things are a tad tense, yes," Severus said with a slight nod. "However, it is nothing we can not handle between the four of us. Like Draco said, you needed the Healing and none of us are begrudging you the opportunity to get well again. You are well, aren't you? Do you need more rest?"
"No. I am a bit hungry, and my muscles are none too steady, but otherwise I feel fine," Harry said, and the others could hear the truth in his voice.
"Then you shall eat, and we can fill you in on the happenings of the world while you restore your energies," Severus said decisively, easily picking Harry up and Apparating away to the parlour where a meal was already waiting for them.
"I can walk, you know," Harry said with a pout, wanting to make his point even though he was secretly pleased with the care the Potions master was showing him.
"I'm sure you can. I am also positive that you are fully capable of falling flat on your face, due to your depleted state. I for one am not in a hurry for you to return to your Healing, are you?" Severus asked, giving the Elf a pointed look.
Harry looked down at the table, a sheepish smile on his face, unable to deny the truth of Snape's statement. Fortunately, he was spared the need to make a reply as the two Malfoys chose that moment to arrive.