Back To Hogwarts [58]

Monday, Nov. 4
H

arry woke early the next morning feeling happy and content. He found himself curled up against Draco with his head resting above the Veela's heart. For several long moments, Harry just lay there, listening to the other's steady heartbeat, revelling in the feelings that Draco elicited.
Unfortunately, he was too wide awake to be able to go back asleep. And no matter how cosy and comfortable he was, Harry was too restless to lie around in bed any longer. A quick Tempus informed him that it was only a quarter to six, but after a brief pondering he got out of bed nevertheless.
Draco made a small sound of distress as Harry left him, but soon he settled back down and continued to sleep. Harry smiled gently and reached out to softly caress the fine blond hair. If Draco hadn't woken up, then he probably needed the sleep. The Elf had a feeling that his mate hadn't had much of true rest since Harry had fallen victim to that Cruciatus.
And that thought return full force the niggling sensation that he had forgotten to ask the adults something. Not bothering to take the time to shower, Harry cast a strong cleaning charm on himself, before getting dressing in a pair of black trousers and a navy-blue t-shirt that he found hanging in the wardrobe
Stopping only long enough to conjure a yellow rose and a note, leaving both on the nightstand next to the bed, Harry slipped out of the bedroom on silent feet, intent on finding Severus. The Elf had a feeling that the Potions master would be up, despite the early hour. There were quite a few potions they needed to be brewed if they were going to go ahead with their revenge, and Harry knew that Snape was itching to get started. Unfortunately, they would need to buy quite a few ingredients, and Severus had mentioned that he would start with the inventory first thing in the morning.

HPDM
W

alking into the breakfast parlour Harry felt his eyebrows rise at the unexpected sight. Both Severus and Lucius were awake, and they were sitting close together, sharing what looked to be an intimate moment.
Feeling like he was intruding Harry began to back out again, hoping to avoid being detected. However, both men were used to keeping close tabs on their environment, and as one the two of them turned to pin Harry with a look.
"Good morning. I apologise for interrupting you, I shall just go now, okay?" Harry babbled, still backing out of the parlour. Just a few more steps and he would be home free.
"Good morning to you too, young man. Might one ask where my son is?" Lucius asked, his voice filled with good humour.
Harry grinned. "He is still asleep. He looked so cute I didn't have the heart to wake him up."
"Come in and eat something. Merlin knows that you are far too skinny as it is," Severus said, making an impatient gesture for Harry to approach the table.
"I really don't want to interrupt you," Harry hedged, still hesitating to come closer.
"You are not intruding, Harry. Severus and I were merely…"
"Talking. I am sure you have done the same with your friends many times?" Severus cut in, giving Harry a sardonic look.
Harry laughed and finally moved to take a seat opposite to his once feared Potions master. "Sure, I have talked with my friends many times," he said easily. "However, the kind of 'talking' the two of you looked to be doing I've only done with Draco; which was the reason to why I didn't want to intrude. Unfortunately, some don't seem to be able to take a hint," Harry said, sounding exasperated, giving Lucius a saucy wink.
"Impertinent brat!" Severus muttered, demonstratively drinking some of his tea.
Lucius laughed. "We thank you for your discretion, Harry, but the mood has been broken, wouldn't you say so, Dearheart?" Lucius asked, giving Severus a teasing look. Severus did not bother to reply.
"Seriously, what are you doing up so early? You might have been in a Healing coma for the past six weeks, but you still need your rest, Harry. Did you have a nightmare?" Lucius asked, turning serious as he gave the brunet a discreet once over.
"I'm fine. There is no need to worry," Harry said with a smile, secretly touched that the older men were willing to break off their private moment to fuss over him. He had never taken it well when his friends constantly bugged him to tell them how he was feeling. But somehow it was different when Lucius and Severus were doing it.
I guess the difference is that those two really do care. Oh, I'm sure that Ron and Hermione cared at one point. But the few times I actually confided in them, they didn't want to hear it. When Lucius asks, he expects an honest answer, and if I tell him that something is bothering me, he listens. And then he goes about trying to fix whatever is wrong. That is something no one has ever done for me before, Harry realised with a start.
Not stopping to think, Harry acted on an impulse. Climbing to his feet he walked down to where the older Veela was sitting and enveloped him in a fierce hug. "Thank you," he whispered, before pulling back, his face burning up with embarrassment.
"What was that about?" Lucius asked, stopping Harry from leaving by gently grasping the nearest wrist. Standing up, the blond enfolded Harry in a hug, not letting go until the teen had relaxed and accepted the comfort.
"I just realised that you genuinely care about me. I guess… I'm not used to that," Harry admitted, looking down at his boots.
Lucius placed his hands on Harry's shoulders and gave them a gentle squeeze. "Yes, you have been most unfortunate in that department, Loveling, haven't you?" Lucius mused out aloud. "However, know this, Harry. The three of us care deeply about you, and we don't care about your destiny. We care about you."
"That we do." Severus nodded and put down his teacup. "At first, I was prepared to tolerate you because of Draco. But." He held up his hand to stop the comments waiting to spill forth on the others' lips. "When I started to get to know you, I realised what Albus has been trying to tell me since your first year. You are not James Potter. In fact, the more I have gotten to know you, the more I have come to realise that you are ten times the man your father was. James would have turned his back on Draco, just because he was a Malfoy. You, however, have taken the time to get to know the true person behind the mask, and for that I will always feel gratitude."
"I don't want your gratitude," Harry stated hotly, giving the Potions master a dark look.
"I know. A poor choice of word perhaps. The point I am trying to make is that I have gotten to know you, and I… like the person I have found behind the mask of the Golden Boy of Gryffindor," Severus said stiffly, not used to voicing his emotions like this.
"You had to use that name, didn't you, sir?" Harry asked with a theatrical groan.
"Of course, I cannot allow you to get a swelled head, now, can I?" Severus said with a smirk, refilling his teacup.
Harry groaned, resting his forehead against Lucius' chest for a moment. "You, Sev, are a cruel man."
"Thank you, I do try," Severus replied with aplomb, causing his companions to laugh.