CHAPTER 3: "ABOUT THE GIRL FROM BIO"

The first day of actual classes wasn’t exactly what I expected. Orientation did the most, considering that the dean of my faculty was a middle aged, divorced former professor. He wasn’t the most motivated person in the world but he knew what he was talking about.
Varsity for me was about more than just getting a degree. I needed to stand out. A lot.

See for a person with my background. Going to varsity meant you probably weren’t paying for your own tuition. And that was exactly the case. I was on a Scholarship. Knowing that I’d have to keep my scores up to keep it, meant I had to excel in my work.

Biology eventually came crawling along and our professor was pairing us up for out semester practical.

I didn’t really care much about my partner. Just as long as he or she would be willing to put in an extra shift or two.

“Carlos, your partner for the semester will be, Rosanna Jackson", he said.

There she was. Like the heavens had shone some extra light on her face in that very moment. She was gorgeous. Still is.

Everything about her seemed perfect. Obviously growing up the way I did, I was intelligent enough to know that not all that glitters is gold. And I wasn’t about to throw my scholarship away chasing after my Bio partner.

So I regained my focus and went on to introduce myself.