15

Isabella

When I wake up, the sun is shining through the blinds and Colby's arm is wrapped firmly around my waist. Rolling over, I scan his face. He looks peaceful. I brush stray hairs out of his face and kiss his forehead.

"Morning," he rasps.

"Morning," I smile. He rubs my back and I lay back down.

"We should get up," he sighs.

"We could," I tease, "or we could stay here for a bit longer."

"Mmm," he hums, "and do what?"

Laughing, I press my lips to his. He chuckles and places his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him. He moves so he's hovering over me. He puts one hand on my hip and the other behind my head. He slides his tongue across my bottom lip, asking for entrance. Happily, I allow. My arms wrap around his neck. He pulls away and rests his head against mine.

"We should do that more," he smirks, kissing me again.

"We should," I laugh between kisses. He pulls away and rests his head on my chest.  

"Let's just stay inside today," he sighs. Smiling, I brush my fingers through his hair. He hums, making me laugh. Smiling, I rub and kiss his head.

"Don't fall back asleep," I tease, noticing how still he's been.

"You're making it hard," he groans.

"We should go meet people today," I suggest. He looks up at me sleepily.

"But I'm comfy," he sighs.

"If we're going to stay with these people, I think we should meet them," I laugh.

"Fine," he groans, kissing me quickly. We get up and I dig in my bag. "Why haven't you unpacked yet?"

"I never know when I'll need to run," I admit, standing up. He walks over and wraps his arms around me.

"You're safe, okay?" He assures. He kisses my head before resting his forehead against it. 

"I know," I whisper. "It's just so much has happened to all of us and... I can't help but think it's because of me."

"Hey," he coos, cupping my cheeks, "you didn't cause any of this. People's bad intentions did."

"That man followed me into the gas station. Sam and Kevin came in and killed him which made the leader come after you all. Then," I ramble.

"Hey," he interrupts, "all of that happened because of people who only want to do bad things. When that guy took over, you gave yourself for people you've only known for a couple of weeks. When we were taken, you found a way to contact Sam. You killed Michael. You saved me, April, Luke, and everyone else. You saved yourself, Bella."

Instead of responding, I wrap my arms around him. He holds me tightly. We stay like that, his arms around my waist and mine around his neck. His hand rubs my back. There's a knock on the door, making us pull away. He kisses my forehead before leaving to open the door. As he's gone, I change into some loose jeans and an old shirt. 

"Hey," Tara smiles when I walk out. Colby is sitting on a chair and everyone else is on the other chairs. Smiling, I sit on the arm of the chair Colby is in.

"So what's the plan?" Jake asks.

"We need to keep low, don't fight with anyone and don't start shit. Get to know people," Colby instructs. "We need to stay here for as long as we can."

"How long will that be?" Kat asks.

"I don't know," Colby admits. "We'll help get supplies and other things."