Prologue

Jungkook's POV

"Jungkook!" I hear a voice snap me out of my daze, looking up to see Jimin snapping his fingers. 

"Sheesh, Jungkook. What's gotten into you?" He asks, rolling his eyes as he stuffs a piece of sushi into his mouth. "Did you hear a word I said?"

I shake my head no, turning a little red from embarrassment. "I asked, did you hear about the new transfer student?" Jimin replies through a mouthful of rice.

"Jimin, please swallow before you speak," Jin says with a disgusted face. Jimin narrows his eyes at the man before swallowing his food. I shake my head again in response. "No, I haven't. Why, are they another normie?" I ask, taking a bite of my own food.

"Nah, apparently they transferred here from this ultra rich prep school. You know, the kind the descendants of titans go to. Only I heard they are more powerful than those!" Taehyung chimes in from beside Jin. 

"According to what information I've gathered, they are a descendant of one of the primal gods," Namjoon says, causing a few members at our table to gasp in shock.

"But then why would they be here? Isn't a fancy prep school where the powerful ones go?" I ask in confusion. 

In our world, most of the population are simply normal humans, or normies. However, a small percentage are born with magical powers. Those people are the descendants of gods from the different mythologies. All of us in our group, known as BTS by the academy ,are descendants of the muses. 

Depending on who you are descended from, you're also placed in a hierarchy of some sort. The more powerful your ancestor, the higher ranked you are. We are the highest ranked at our school currently, since the higher gods tend to go to expensive prep schools.

That's why it's so weird that this transfer student is here. The primal gods and goddess were considered the first gods to be created, at least in Greek mythology, and most of their descendants actually disappeared a long time ago due to conflict over power. They are placed higher than any other. These primal gods are Gaia, Tartarus, Uranus, Nyx and Erebos. 

Normally your magic also derives from your ancestors, so you can see why being a descendant form a higher god is a big deal. The higher your status, the more powerful you are considered to be. Some of us have more passive powers, for example a higher intellect, other manifest outwards and in more physical ways.

"Well, there is a rumor going around that they got expelled for something awful," Jimin says, and all of us kind of look at each other in worry. 

Just then, the doors to the cafeteria open. All conversations in the room stop, everyone curious to see who it is. In the doorway stands a young woman, and I think every male in the room started drooling. I even caught Jimin staring open mouthed at just how beautiful she is. 

She definitely LOOKS like someone from a fancy prep school. Dark chocolate colored curls hang to her knees, her face stern as she enters the room. I notice she is wearing dark skinny jeans on her slim legs with black ankle boots that click against the ground as she walks. A black leather jacket is wrapped around her shoulders, a dark green shirt underneath covering her bust. 

I notice more her expression than her clothes however. She quietly scans the room, as if scoping out potential threats before heading over to the meal counter. As soon as she turns her back, the whispering starts up from the many tables. 

"Is that her?

"Yeah, the new transfer."

"I expected someone more lady like.."

"She seems a bit stuck up, don't you think?"

All of these comments swirling around and most definitely within earshot of the transfer student. She holds the tray delicately in her hands before turning around again, scanning for a place to sit. It was then that her eyes lock on me, and she freezes in place.

It was then that I recognized the girl, our eyes met and a memory flashes in my mind. A young girl complaining during senior year that her parents were sending her to this fancy prep school. Her eyes streaming tears as she hugged me, not wanting to go without me as we said our goodbyes. 

Someone I had known before meeting the rest of BTS, an old and dear friend that I didn't realize just how much I've missed. 

It's her.