Chapter 3

"Excuse me?" 

I look up to see another guy standing behind the chair next to me. "Is this seat taken?" He asks, rubbing the back of his neck. I shake my head, gesturing for him to go ahead. He lets out a sigh and sets his bag down, taking his seat.

"Are you Taylor by any chance?"

I tilt my head up, looking at him like isn't it fucking obvious? He raises a brow at me and shrugs. "I was told to look out for you, my name is Kim Namjoon, descendant of Calliope."

Ah, so he is another one of the muses. My first instinct is to give him another dirty look and ignore his ass, but then I remember I told Jungkook I'd at least try to get along with his friends. Goddammit. 

"Pleasure to meet you," I say through my teeth. As usual, eyes are on me when the other students begin filing in. I pull out a clean notebook, I had used some of my savings to buy one for this class specifically. 

Namjoon seems to study me for a few moments, and I don't say anything more. "You're not much of a talker, are you?" He asks quietly, looking around at the staring students. 

This time I do give him a dirty look. Seriously, is this guy dense?

He shrugs and turns his attention to the front of the class, where the professor had moved to as the bell rang to start class. "Everyone knows we have a new transfer student. I'm not going to make them do the whole introduction thing. I'm sure they have to do that in their other classes."

Oh thank god, someone who understands at least. "Today we are writing letters to your classmates. Choose one classmate to write a letter anonymously to, or you can sign it if you wish. You can write anything you'd like, from a question to a poem to a heartfelt message."

"When you're done, you can pass the letter up to me, and at the end of the class period I'll hand them out. Each person will read their letter out loud, unless they have no letter. If you have multiple, you may choose one. I'll give those people time to read over their letters to decide which one they want to read."

FUCKING HELL. Can't a girl catch a break?

I pull out some stationary I had bought just for this, since it was put on the syllabus. I had chosen simple paper, a pastel green that's framed with vines and roses.  I was given a discount when I went to buy it, so I didn't have to spend too much. 

I look over at Namjoon, seeing him twirl his pen around his finger. I pull out a black quill and an ink vial, setting it beside my paper. He turns his attention to me and looks over in surprise. 

"Wait, you use a quill? Why not a pen?" He asks, causing me to roll my eyes. 

"I prefer a quill, I like to write with calligraphy in cursive. I don't need a pen to do so."

His eyes light up in awe. "That's so cool... I wish I could afford that, I've always wanted to try using a quill." He says with a smile, and I notice the dimples on his cheeks. What in the actual fuck?

I have this weird feeling in my stomach. It feels like I ate some warm tomato soup on a cold winter evening, and I realize I'm actually a little happy at his statement. For once someone is interested in something other than me.

Before I realize it, words begin to tumble out of my mouth without a second thought. "Would you like to trade?" I ask in a quiet tone, surprising both of us.

Well, now that I've fucking offered, I may as well follow through. "For the letter writing anyways. I never really use pens, and you can experience using a quill."

Namjoon drops his pen in shock, his mouth agape. "A-are you sure?" he asks in bafflement, to which I nod. I pass my ink over to him and rest the quill beside it, picking up his pen in my own hand. His pen doesn't look cheap, colored in black with gold accents.