Sudden Death

authors note

1: this will contain very graphic depictions of violence, terrorism, etc. also some descriptive sex scenes in the later chapters.
if this triggers/offends you, please stop reading.

2: don't be so horny LMAO ur not gonna be getting sloppy dirty sex with ghost the first 3 chapters 😭 not saying it'll take like 10+ chapters either though, so stay tuned.

3: i'm not too educated on the COD timeline or the military and how it works, my memory of that is pretty foggy so if anything is wrong/off that's why. bare with me lolz

4: if ur not too educated on the COD lore, "General Shepherd" is the main in command for everything. "Kate Laswell" is the second in command im pretty sure. they will be mentioned alot. if u want also look up members of the Task Force 141, which includes ghost. they will be mentioned also, completely optional tho.

5: your mission name is Eclipse.

enjoy.

All I witness are people screaming, flailing their arms around and running for their lives.
My ears ring and my head throbs as a sharp bullet narrowly misses my ear, making me instinctively dive for the nearest car, in hopes of upping my life expectancy an extra 10 seconds. A piece of debris oddly hits me in the side as I reach for cover, but I ignore it.

A person wearing full body armor and carrying an M4 runs past with what appear to be teammates.
They come to a halt and point their weapon at me.
Coming out of cover and raising my hands above my head, I look them in the eyes and admit my defeat.
"Leave her, she's already fuckin' dead," one of their teammates says, nudging their shoulder.

Huh?

...

"Oh fuck." I mutter.
I look down and see a massive pool of blood leaking through my shirt. No. It's not my time to go.
I start to feel an excruciatingly hot sensation press through my wound. "No.. no.." I repeat to myself. I attempt to run, maybe to a nearby hospital if I'm lucky, but my body refuses. I slump against a car, unable to breathe.
My ears begin to ring, and everything..

fades to black.

All thats left is the muffled pleading and shooting in the background.
"Why are you doing this?!" "Please, let me go!" "I have a family to feed!" "I don't wanna die!"
Eventually.. that fades out too.

Until..

I'm greeted with my alarm clock in my ears, causing me to leap up in my bed completely disoriented.
After I came to my senses, I just started thinking,
What if that's what happened to my parents? Did they feel the same way? That horrible burning sensation, the gradual loss of your own senses? Fuck.
I start immediately sobbing at the thought, wrapping my arms around my knees.
"It's over now.. it's just a dream, a vivid dream. You're alive, Y/N, you're fucking alive." I repeat over and over to myself until I calm down. I eventually get out of bed, running my hands through my hair, sighing in relief.
"It's 8:45, I need to meet with Shepherd for that supposed mission I'm assigned to."  I say to myself, still shaken up.

at meeting with price, soap, ghost, gaz, laswell, and finally, shepherd.

"Alright, listen up you all. You are about to get sent on an extremely dangerous mission." Shepherd reinforces, making sure to give us all a look dead in the eyes.

What? Laswell promised it would be a light mission. I'm not ready for this and she KNOWS it.. that's why she lied. Giving me false hope. Fuckin' spectacular.