Chapter 2: New secretary

They all decided to continue the celebration because Irene doesn't want to talk about her condition, besides, it's Lisa's birthday and they should be celebrating, she said.

Even if they're hesitant, they continue the party. They continue eating, telling stories, teasing, bickering, and laughing.

It's already dark and the moon is now shining above them as the cold breeze brushed through their skin.

Lisa and her friends dance to the light music from the small speaker that Jisoo brought.

Jennie and Irene are still sitting at their places while watching their friends' silliness but of course, they're enjoying.

"Unnie," Jennie started that made Irene look at her.

"Who's the person?" Jennie asked.

Honestly, she has the idea of who it is but she doesn't want to believe it until it's proven.

"You know that I only fall in love with one person, Jennie." Irene said while smiling sadly and averted her gaze on her friends.

Jennie's heart pounded like a drum which aches for a moment.

She knows that it's Lisa but she never imagined that Irene will be like this. She never imagined that she'll reach this state.

After graduation day before Irene left, she confessed to Jennie that she's in love with Lisa but also assured her that she won't do anything to steal Lisa from her.

Jennie and Irene are really close. They're not hiding anything from each other. Yes, Jennie felt threatened when Irene confessed that to her but after assuring her that Lisa is all hers, her thoughts fade away, besides, she trust Irene.

"I... I don't know what to say." was Jennie can only say.

"You don't have to say anything, Jennie. It's fine, it's no one's fault but mine. I didn't protect my heart from falling this hard to Lisa even if since day one, I already know that she will never be mine." Irene said then rub Jennie's shoulder lightly to assure her that it's not her fault if Lisa's in love with her too.

"I... I'm sorry unnie. I don't want to lose you..." Jennie's eyes started pouring tears.

She felt that she's part of it why Irene is suffering from this disease.

Irene quickly hugs her then rub her back.

"Jennie no. Please stop crying." Irene continued to make her calm until Jisoo and Rosé approach them. They both know what's happening, they know that Jennie's like this because of Irene's disease, and they, too, are sad about that.

"Unnie," Rosé said with her teary eyes.

"Oh please not you too." Irene tried to joke but that just made Rosé and Jisoo pour tears more. They hug Irene as well which the latter reciprocated. She's hugging the three now and making them calm until the others noticed it and started approaching them.

"What a bunch of cry babies." Joy said that made Jennie, Jisoo, and Rosé glare at her.

"Unnie~" Lisa called Irene.