Chapter 1. | Our opening

He was always a flirt. Not a jock, though he was popular. Very popular. A flirt was all he was really. Everyone admired his carefree nature or cheeky smile that all the girls wanted to kiss.

Oh, and a bold dresser, he wore what he liked. Bright colors, scarves, skinny jeans, fedoras, beanies, checkered flannels and bracelets. If he ever looked back at his high school self in the 2000s he'd probably cringe, but hey? The confidence still had girls drooling.

But then... he peaked. The popularity never changed, his looks remained, and he was quite successful in his early thirties now. So what was it? Himself. His real self.

What Harry Styles was doing now was far past what he really wanted but he settled. For a girl.

"Babe. Babe." She snapped at him. "You have it?"

"Ye-yeah." He nodded, trying to focus on the directions from google maps.

"Your destination is on your right." His phone
spoke. He parked in front of large white house that almost seemed like the rest on the street.

As they were about to get out, his wife scoffed. "Orchids, Harry. She likes orchids."

His hands were still on the wheels. It was rare making her happy these days. "You could've specified that Kendall." He looks at her condescendingly.

"I did." She grits.

"No. You said to get her flowers and that's what I did." It was a last minute errand, so was going to this party. Maybe he could try to do one thing right. "Look, I could go back to the flower shop." He softened.

"To ditch me at this party? You know what?! You never wanna come to these things with me. I never even ask much of you."

"No of course not baby-" he tried to touch her but the hostess of this little get together was making her way outside to greet them.

"Whatever. Just get out here." She threw the bouquet of sunflowers at him. He dusted off the wilted petals off from her force. It was time to put his game face on.

"Ahhhh! Kendall it's been forever!" The two women embraced each other with one of those phony air kisses.

"Hare Bear it's been too long!!" Kendall's
long time "bestie" exclaims.

He chuckles uncomfortably. "Aha yeah it's been a minute..."

They were escorted in with chitchat. For a while he held his wife's waist whilst they talked to everyone with gleamingly fake smiles. He got his break though when Kendall decided to have some girl time with her old friends.

Harry sat in the corner of the living room not bothering to speak to the other husbands. Just an hour ago he was at work- he used to be a freelance photographer when he first came to the US. Now he works in an office making much more than just a few bucks a picture. It was a tight budget dropping out of college to come here, but nonetheless adventurous.
He was ambushed with an irritated phone call from his wife telling him that they were attending a get together with her close friends. And that he needed to pick up flowers stat.

"Stupid orchids." He whispered to himself. The sunflowers were a much better decision. His phone was buzzing with emails. He did just vanish without clocking out to go to this party he didn't even know about or want to be at. He circled the rim of his drinking glass with his ring finger. He looked back and fourth from his wife then at his silver wedding band. He wanted gold. But she insisted it looked better...