'That Night'

Your POV: 17 Years Later

Even though it's cold, his body heat is enough to keep me warm. Laying next to me, we look at the night sky and stare at it in awe.

"Those there are the Three Kings: Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka,", he explains as he points to three especially bright stars, "Because they're so close to the equator, they're visible in both the northern and southern hemisphere at the same time on pretty much any given day of they year, given the weather permits so."

"Mhmm.", I mumble to show him that I understand.

He breaks from his dreamy trance and looks at me, "You know that girl I like. I want to confess to her, maybe on a starry night like this, but I'm too nervous to. It's the worst feeling ever. Wanting to tell someone something but not doing it because you're scared you'll lose what you already have."

"Trust me Jungkook, that's nowhere near the worst feeling. But should I tell you what is?", I say as I continue to gaze at the heavens.

"What?", he asks.

"Being someone's second choice.", I mumble.

"Tell me who this guy is that keeps you as his second choice. I'm going to beat the crap out of him. You're so beautiful and kind and strong, he either keeps you or leaves you.", he says as he gets a defensive look in his eyes.

"It doesn't matter.", I sigh.

"Tell me. I need to teach him a lesson.", he carries on.

"Seriously. There's no point in telling you.", I say.

"Ok fine. I won't beat the crap out of him. Just tell me who it is because I'm curious."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"It's... you.", I look at him to see his reaction. He looks sad at first but that fades away in to a happy smile. Jungkook, don't you even care?

"Well I'm sorry that I make you feel like that.", he apologises.

I stare him in they eyes, "That's it?"

"Do you know why I told you about the Three kings?", he swiftly changes topic.

I decide to ignore his lack of sympathy and play along with him, "Why?"

"Because even when you're so far away from me, all the way on the other side of the globe in two days time, there might be a day you feel like you're alone. Then you can look at the Three Kings. No matter how far we are, there's always going to be that tiny piece of the sky we share. I love you Y/N.", he explains.

All of a sudden, I'm really confused, "What about that girl you always rant on about?"

He smiles at me, "Haven't you ever thought that this girl sounds so similar to you?"

I think about it. Actually, now it does. But I've been blind with jealousy all this time so I haven't noticed.

"So that girl, she's me?", I quiz.

He nods and blushes. And by some unknown will that binds us two together, we lean in instinctively and kiss for so long and so passionately. This is our story that began seventeen years ago and lasts for another seventeen eternities. 

Your POV: Present Time

"Eomma, eomma!", I shouted as I ran all they way home from school.

"Hi sweetie, how was school?", my mum asked.

"It was good. Guess what Sehjun was talking about today."

"What did he talk about?"

"He says he goes to taekwondo club."

"That's nice sweetie."

"Eomma?"

"Yes?"

"Can I go to taekwondo club?", I asked.

Her Mum's POV

"Sweetie, sports is for boys. Girls should learn how to cook and clean.", I said.

Disappointment flashed across her face. Did I really just tell her that? The same words I heard whilst I grew up in this judgemental society? 

"Please?", she begged.

If only she understood. I barely have enough money to provide for her and I'm not sure I can pay the fees for this club. It's true. I don't care whether people say sports is for boys only but I can't pay the fees. I think about it. Maybe if I worked a few extra hours on my thirteen hour shift, I'd make just enough.

"Ok sweetie. You can go to taekwondo club.", I give in. 

"Really?", she asks eagerly.

"Really.", I reassure.

I smile seeing her face lighting up from within and a warm wave of positivity washes over me. I'll do anything for you my little daughter.

"I'm going to go and kick butt of the people who annoy me now!", she cheered.

"Yes little one, you show them who's got the crown.", I support.

Jungkook POV

"Have you heard? Sehjun goes to a taekwondo club.", dad told me.

"Yes ahbuji he told me.", I sighed.

"Well, I just got the best idea. How about you go and join him in taekwondo? It'll be an opportunity to meet him more often since you don't see each other very much.", he suggested.

"That would be great!", I said.

"I know. Now let's go and shop for the uniform so that you can join tomorrow."

"Okay ahbuji.", I agreed. 

I can't wait to learn some super cool moves so that I can save all the girls in the world. Yes!

Here's a bit of a backstory guys. Y/N's father left when she was only two. Her mum struggles to provide for them but they make the most of what they have. Y/N goes to the same school as Sehjun and now that she knows about taekwondo she has a dream to be the best martial artist in the world. Jungkook comes from a middle-class family that isn't too rich but if they live carefully, they can save up money to afford some non-essential things. His father believes in toxic masculinity so little Jungkook is growing up to believe in that kind of stuff (but don't worry, he doesn't believe in it forever). Jungkook goes to a different school but knows Sehjun because they live in the same neighbourhood. He's obviously very excited to start at this club. At this moment in time, both Y/N and Jungkook are little four year olds.