Good Morning

I can feel his eyes boring into the back of my head.

Watching me. Studying me. Just like every other morning.

The sunlight is seeping through the blinds and filling up our bedroom, illuminating the antics of the night before. I can already sense a headache beginning to bloom and I've just barely opened my eyes. Sturdy arms are wrapped around me, holding me tightly. His toned stomach is pressed into my back, our sweat making us quite literally stick to each other.

His eyes are still on me.

"Good morning baby." I croak out to the best of my ability. He loosens his grip allowing me to face him. A sleepy goofy smile adorns his face.
"Good morning love."
His voice is deep and raspy. I can smell the toothpaste on his breath indicating that he's been up long before me.

"I made breakfast and your coffee is brewing now."
He speaks barely above a whisper and his voice alone is lulling me back to sleep. I receive a gentle shake.
"Hey, hey, hey wake up dear. I'd love to let you keep sleeping but I know you wouldn't love to get fired."

My job. Shit my job. I sit straight up trying to rush. Bad idea. Too fast. I brace myself on the edge of the bed, struggling to collect myself.
His voice is in my ear again. "You're not gonna be late Tiffy. Calm down. Come eat with me. Then you can run around like a chicken with it's head cut off."

I turn to smile at him then reach over to plant a kiss on his forehead. He's so good to me. I don't know what I did to deserve it.

I walk into our small dining room a little more awake than I was before, after brushing the roadkill smell from my mouth and washing the sleep from my eyes.
He's already sitting at the table.
Waiting for me.
"It felt like a omelette morning. If you want something else just tell me." I could hear the tinge of worry in his voice, that I would not agree that it felt like an omelette morning.
"This is perfect darling, thank you. I have to agree with you, it really doesn't feel like a waffle morning does it?"

He chuckles slightly, his dimples revealing themselves.  As we start to eat he ask the question I expect every morning.
"What's on the agenda for today?" He tilts his head to the side ever so slightly, a smile still playing on his rosy lips.

Harry loves getting a complete rundown of my day. I've learned to leave nothing out. He never gets upset if I forget something, he just acts...off. I sip my coffee, hoping the caffeine will help me to remember my full schedule at such an hour.
"Well I'm mostly at my desk today. I'll be in the lab for a while..."
"How are the experiments going?"
"Failing."
"Shit."
"Yea."

The disappointment of my failed projects creeps in and I can feel myself begin to sulk. Harry lets me off the hook, not asking anymore questions. Instead he begins to  brief me on his daily schedule. In much more detail than me.

"....and since it's my day off, at four I'll probably head to the grocery store."
I nod my head rising from the table. "Sounds great baby, gotta start getting ready for work." As I began to walk away, dishes in my hands to place in the sink, I thankfully remember something on my agenda that I kick myself for not mentioning days ago. "Oh and Haz! Julie wants me to come eat with she and the girls tonight!" I call out from the kitchen, holding my breath for what's to come. Harry is standing in the doorway with that look on his face.

I hate that look.
---------------------------------------------------
*Still Editing*
Comment and vote. See you soon. ✌️❤️