(3)

The Corviknight Taxi steadily started to lower down again, the cart rising and falling with the flaps of gigantic wings slowly bringing you back to the ground. As it did, you stared out the window at the gigantic tree towering over the cozy little town below. It was one you'd seen plenty of times before, but never really from this height. You'd always walked here from Hammerlocke, seeing if you could pick up a treat or two from the shops in Stow On Side. You would've enjoyed grabbing a bite and even hiking through Glimwood Tangle, but not with the luggage you carried this time. A little further down now, you could see the gym nestled in the base of the tree, tangled in it's roots that seemed to swallow about half of the town. The sun also seemed to get swallowed in the mess of trees, the cart dipping into darkness for a moment before being illumined with the gentle glow of mushrooms poking out of nearby trees. The ones the pilot was trying to very carefully avoid running into with Corviknight's massive wingspan. You and Bede held your breath for a few moments before finally feeling the cart come to a gentle rest on the ground right next to the pokemon center. You both hopped out, Bede helping you get your suitcase that was nestled in between you two in the seat. You thanked the two of them again, tossed them a generous tip, and headed out on your way again. 

The pokemon nestled in the trees and on the buildings nearby watched you as you two passed. Some of them seemed happy seeing Bede again, as they saw him every day anyways. Some of them looked at both of you apprehensively before slinking back into the shadows. The local pokemon reminded you of your little friends back in Unova.

"Hey, Bede? Ever make friends with some of these wild pokemon?" you asked out of curiosity. 

"I guess, sometimes," he mused, turning his gaze to a couple of Morelull sitting atop one of the houses' rooftops. "When I can. If I ever have time." He muttered more to himself than you. With that thought in your mind, you looked over past Bede to the gym as you walked. Its pink lights shone though mystical light of the forest, not much different from the pink mushrooms that were already surrounding the town. It sat in the morning mist, big and almost intimidating. 

You both wandered over to the houses past the pokemon center, stopping at the second one and watching Bede fumble with his keys for a moment. He had more than you did, as he practically ran this town's gym at the moment. As he searched through them, you looked at the window, having heard the pitter-patter of feet inside. As expected, you saw a nose and a set of bright blue eyes poke through the curtains in the window. They paused and looked at you for a moment before disappearing again, replaced by an excited scratching at the other side of the front door. You grinned, and giggled quietly to yourself. The house suddenly seemed to come alive, little sounds making their way to the door as Bede finally twisted the knob. Usually, Bede held the door for you to go in first, but you were slightly surprised when he quickly shouldered his own way in.

"Hey now," you heard him say, addressing the excited pokemon inside. "Easy. Down. She's a little sore right now."

You blushed just a little at his thoughtfulness. Slowly coming in the door behind him, you slid your suitcase through the door and propped it against the wall. Inside, three excited pokemon greeted you. There was Sylveon, Mawile, and Hatterene. The little ones excitedly came up to you, Sylveon coming to your feet and nuzzling her face into your legs as she always did when you visited. Happiness swelled in your chest as you bent down and let a hand graze over Sylveon's soft fur. You greeted Mawile next. As you were doing so, Bede took off his shoes under the coat rack and walked past the fridge, putting his keys on the counter for a moment. It was a pretty cozy place. Straight in front of the door was the kitchen with a counter that followed the back corner of the wall. To the right was a living room of some sort. It was a weird one, as instead of a couch there was a dining table and a telly up against the wall. It was on and turned to a battle tournament that had happened at Wyndon Stadium last week. Last but not least, in the back corner of the kitchen there was a door that lead upstairs to Bede's room. You'd never been up there yourself but today seemed to be your lucky day.