cinq

Cinq: Liliana-Mae Antoinette

St.Anne's Church | New Orleans

"Tonight's the annual Dauphine Street music festival. I want to go. Please." Harley's acute hearing picked up on the voice of Davina as she stepped into St.Anne's Church.

"The whole point of you being up here is so you're never spotted out there. You know what's smack in the middle of Dauphine Street? Sophie Deveraux , pain in the ass witch, and you know what the witches will do to you if they find you." 

Harley grinned as she leaned on the door frame of Davina's room. "Oh but my sweet Marcel, you control the witches and I am Davina's mother, we could simply make her go away."

Davina spun around and grinned when she locked eyes with the woman who had taken claim of her since they met. "Hi Mom."

Harley walked up to her daughter and pressed a soft kiss to her hair. "Hi baby."

"Marcel it's one night and I'm sure that Mom would be willing to go with me." Davina turned back to her protector with a pleading look on her face.

Marcel put his hands up and spoke with his no-bullshit-voice. "I said no."

As he turned to walk away, Harley leaned down with a smirk and whispered into Davina's ear. "Why don't you show him what I've been teaching you?"

"I do anything you say, but sometimes, I think you forget what I'm capable of. Did you know I can make someone's blood boil? All I have to do is focus."  Davina's eyes narrowed as they settled on Marcel, her power oozing out of her in a white mist that only Harley could see.

Sweat trickled down Marcel's face and he shrugged at the uncomfortable feeling before wiping the sweat off of his face with a grin. "Fine. We compromise, alright? You going out online is too dangerous, but I'll introduce you to a friend of mine that's gonna be there, alright, nice lady. You two are really gonna hit it off."

"Don't go trying to replace me now, Marcy. I'll be there too." Harley spoke up from behind the pair and the two turned to face her.

"Of course you will, you'd never let her get hurt." Marcel rolled his eyes playfully before giving Davina a side hug and making his way out of the church.

"You were going to this festival even if he said no, right?" Harley sat down on Davina's bed and kicked off her lace boots.

"Absolutely." Davina scoffed and dropped down beside her mother.

Harley's signature smirk curved at her lips as she regarded her daughter. "Atta girl."