Eighty.

The week flew by it was Christmas Day.
Waking up to my own little family on this beautiful day was a magical feeling even better when Alfie and Aubrey saw all their gifts that Santa had left.

Everyone was arriving at 11:30 for lunch at 12. That gave us four hours together exchanging gifts laughing .. family time together.

Leyton got me the most beautiful diamond necklace from our children it had mom engraved on the side of it it was the most thoughtful gift I have, sentimental some may say.

"Thanks for my gifts baby, I love them" he smiles as we exchange kisses.
"You're welcome and thank-you for mine ... all of mine" I reply back with a smile holding his hand upon my small petite bump.

We both watched the twins finish opening their presents before getting washed and dressed for the busy afternoon and evening ahead.

Leyton family were the first to arrive.
I hadn't seen them in forever but I was so busy in the kitchen I barely had time to talk.

Although I was listening in and out of Leyton and Frankie conversation whilst his dad was outside with the children.

"Have you told her yet?"
"No. Not yet. She seems so happy I don't want this to affect her"

What are they talking about? I walked a little closer but quieter so I could listen more.

"Ley. This isn't something you can hide from April, she's your wife your a team. This is affecting everyone ... she needs to know"
"I guess you're right frank. But. ... I keep it together for all of us. How can I tell her mom is dying?"

What? Hearing those words my whole body just froze my heart was pounding by the second.
How could he not tell me?

"Your mom is dying?" I just blurted out as I came round the corner.
They both froze and eyes were staring at me - I now know what a deer in headlights feels like.

"I'll give you both some time" Frankie smiled softly as she walked outside.

"Leyton? What's going on?" I question.
He sighs and sits upon the breakfast bar.
"She's been diagnosed with stage four cervical cancer ... it's too late for any treatment .. I didn't want to tell you I didn't know how to tell you ... you've had so much on you're doing extremely well and I didn't want to ruin all your happiness"  he says in one breath before sighing.

My happiness?

"Leyton. This isn't something you can hide. I mean sure me and your mom are not bestfriends but she's still family. She is your mother I am your wife I'm here to give you the given support you need" I took his hands in my hands.

"I know ... I guess I just don't know myself how to deal with this"
I kissed his hands. "Together ... we will do this together. You got me and I have you ... well go see her ... Wednesday. Let's get Christmas and tomorrow over with. My family will have the twins"
Without saying a word he kissed me softly but passionately.

"I love you so much ... you know that?"
"I love you more ... I know it every day ... we've got this. I promise" I smiled staying strong for him.

But I knew what was coming I've seen This before.

This wasn't something to hide nor ignore.

But now is the time to build the bridges we must before it's too late.