ii

After dinner everybody went their separate ways again. It was six in the evening, meaning they had four hours before night time. Shuichi pondered on where to go and what to do when he decided to take a walk around the school and explore.

Along the way he bumped into a few of his classmates, he had a quick talk with them before they split up again. In the end he ended up just going to his dorm room and relaxing.

It took a while for Shuichi to find the dorms, but when he did it was obvious they were the dorms. He stepped inside the double doors and looked around.

The building was circular with eight room on the bottom and eight rooms above those. There were stairs that lead up to the higher rooms in front of him. Shuichi quickly located his room and unlocked it. He walked in and collapsed on his bed, tired from running around all day.  He stayed there for a few minutes before shooting up in realisation.

"Ouma still has my hat." Shuichi said as he raised his hand to his head, double checking. He sighed before thinking about how to get it back.

"Nishishi~ let me in Saihara-chan!" A voice said from the other side of the door. Shuichi rolled his eyes, speak of the devil and he shall arrive. The detective got off the bed and walked over to the door. He opened the door and the purpled haired boy fell into his arms.

"I- ah!" Shuichi gasped as he caught Ouma.

"Yay you caught me!" Ouma said, smiling up at the detective. Ouma walked into the room and closed the door behind him.

"J-just don't fall next time, okay? I doubt other people would appreciate you falling into them." The navy haired boy said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I only fall for you Mr. Detective." The Supreme Leader said, startling Shuichi.

"I- uhm," Shuichi stuttered, not knowing how to respond.

"Nishishi~ anyway, I came here to give you your hat back! As much as you look handsome without it, I thought you would be missing it." Kokichi said before taking Shuichi's hat out from behind his back. The smaller boy stood on his tiptoes and placed the hat on the emo's head.

"Thank you Ouma." Shuichi said, glad he had his hat back.

"Call me Kokichi, everyone else does. Unless you wanna give me a nickname?" Kokichi said with a wink.

"I- Kokichi will do for now." Shuichi said, using his hat to hide his blush.

"I'm gonna have to steal that hat again aren't I?" Kokichi mumbled under his breath. Shuichi barely heard him.

"Huh?" Shuichi asked.

"Nothing for you to worry about Saihara-chan! We don't want to worry your pretty little head now, do we?" The purple eyed boy said as he reached up and patted Shuichi on the head.

"Ah, I guess not." Shuichi said as both boys stared at each other. A grin spread across Kokichi's face as a slight blush crept across Shuichi's. Shuichi gave Kokichi a small smile before there was a knock on the door. Shuichi looked up to where the noise came from.

"Hey sidekick, wanna do some training with me and Maki?" A voice, Kaito's, said from the other side of the door.

"I- crap." Shuichi mumbled as he looked at Kokichi.

"This is quite the pickle isn't it?" Kokichi said, softly and quietly giggling.

"Shuichi?" Kaito asked.

"Uh, coming!" Shuichi said to Kaito. He looked back at Kokichi. "I have an idea. Come out a little while after me and lock the door." Shuichi said quietly as he handed Kokichi his dorm keys. Kokichi nodded as he stood behind the door, out of sight of Kaito. Shuichi opened the door and flashed Kaito a smile before walking out and closing the door, leaving Kokichi on his own.