I love the way you lie CHAPTER 9

I'm sorry for not keeping my promise about the whole January 1st thing...Forgive me!:D

ENJOY!!!

Oh and please don't forget to Vote & Comment :D

____________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 9

"We will get married soon"

Some time after direct sound, a reflection of that sound arrives at the listener which is a so-called echo. It's often produced by walls of an empty room.

It had always seemed bizarr to me that words could also echo through heads. After all, a human brain was anything but empty.

So why was it that the echo of those five words was haunting me now? 

"C'mon. We've got to talk" Blake muttered, grabbing his fiancée by her arm as he roughly pulled her away from me. He didn't seem too happy with her either and that was somehow comforting but her satisfied grin still ruined everything for me.

"That's interesting" Mr. Riviera stated as he studied my undeniably hurt expression. I quickly covered up, glaring at him as Lisa mumbled something along the lines of "fucking asshole".

"Could you repeat that?" He asked, his grin turning into a rather cruel one.

I was so fed up with everything that I wasn't even intimidated by his tone anymore. "I think you heard it. And I also think you shouldn't forget about what Blake said yesterday."

"So you told her?" He asked his daughter, shooting her a deathly glare while denying to acknowledge my presence.

"No need to ask Lisa about that" I said, ostentatiously stepping in front of him. "Noone has told me anything, I've figured that out by myself. Their relationship is important to you, isn't it? I think that you're a quite clever man, Mr. Riviera. Just let it go."

And without another word, he left.

"Don't worry, Lisa. I'm afraid of Daddy too" Meli eventually broke the silence, hugging her sister in sympathy.

Lisa took a deep breath, closing her eyes. "Someday we both won't have to be anymore"

"What the hell is wrong with me" I moaned for the hundreth time, rolling around in Lisa's bed. She briefly glanced up from her book but preferred to keep quiet. Possibly because she knew that I wouldn't listen anyway. "Your brother is an asshole"

"I know"

"He played me!"

"Well, not exactly. The engagement is not more than a contract"

"So you never saw them kissing in your fathers absence? You have never seen her creeping out of your brothers room in the morning?"

 "He's a man, Hope."

"That's no excuse. I hate him!"

"No, you don't "

"But I want to!"