Fate (運命 - Unmei)

Hi, @trashmichaeng here it is, 6k++ fanfic that I made specially for you because I lost the bet LOOL. This is my first time writing MiChaeng smut, please let me know if there are things I can improve. Tbh, it is really, really, difficult, I tried my best. Well, enjoy!

AUTHOR'S POV

It was not just a usual day for Son Chaeyoung, the most famous internist in Seoul Hospital. Since she likes everything under her control, from the way she cooked her egg for breakfast, sunny side up, perfectly cooked she must say, to the way she walked into her room this morning, the door was all oiled, perfectly smooth sliding while letting her in, no annoying creaking sound anymore. She liked it that way, she loved that day.

Just unlike any other usual day, her Mom called her during lunch, "Yes, Mom?"

"What are you doing?"

Finishing munching her kimbap, "Quick lunch before weekly meeting with the head of operational, what is it?"

"So, you've told me that you like girls, right? Still do?"

*cough cough

"What?"

"You said to me and Dad that you like girls, do you still... you know, liking the same gender?"

"Well, okay, I still do. Seriously, where is this conversation heading, Mom?"

"Hmm... Alright, well, me and your Dad are trying to be supportive parents, we don't know if we can accept that fact or not but we are willing to try."

Stopped munching the kimbap, Chaeyoung felt like she was going to cry, "Seriously, Mom? Wow, that's huge for me, I-I-uh, I really thank you for that Mom."

"Look, don't get your hope high, I said we are trying, okay?"

"Still, a very big and happy news for me, Mom. Thank you. I love you, Mom."

"Now now, you're going to make me cry without saying why I called you."

Chaeyoung knew that her Mom was never the expressive one, "Alright, what is it then?"

"Since we are going to try, we are going to try this all the way, remember Uncle Akira from Japan?"

Brows were knitted into one, Chaeyoung was in deep thinking, who is it again?

"Uh, yeah, of course, Dad's friend? Isn't it?"

"Yes, they played tennis together, and, well they were actually really close, then your topic was brought up, shortly, he has an 'exploring' daughter too. Would you want a set up or something?"

"Mom, what do you mean by exploring?"

"You know, like you."

Chaeyoung sighed at the word choice, "Mom, I'm gay not Dora the explorer."

Mrs. Son rolled her eyes, "Hush! As I said, we are TRYING, Son Chaeyoung. So, we cannot let you be with just another girl."

Chaeyoung remembered how her Mom despised Somi, her ex, until the end of their relationship, saying that Somi did not look like a straight A kind of person, well she is not to begin with, "Why?!"

"'Cause you're our baby girl, we cannot just... Just, uh, come on Chaeyoung, help us too? We cannot trust every other girl from an unfamiliar world, being in an unfamiliar relationship with you, please?"

The daughter realized, it was new for her parents, to have her parents trying for her was huge, she had to respect that, "Alright, I am sorry for not acknowledging your effort. This is huge and weird at the same time, but yeah, I am single right now, how about her?"