Chapter 3

Someone's jealous and cherubs on earth

Charlotte

After having eaten the amazing pancakes and chatting with Gabe and Luke, I leave and decide to apparate back home to see if that woman from earlier is still there.

Well I don't sense anyone else here other than Bunny. Whew, I thought I might've had to...never mind. Best save your poor innocent minds for now, for they will definitely be corrupted soon. "Honey, I'm home." I shout, alerting Owen to my presence. Haha, he hates the pet names I give him. Not that it changes anything. My personal favorite pet name for him is Bunny. He absolutely despises that one, which as you can imagine, makes me love it even more. Although I'll let you in on a little secret. He actually loves that one, he just refuses to admit it. But don't tell him I told you or he'll make one of his those weird forced facial expressions of his. Honestly if I wasn't so hardcore I would almost be afraid of them, they're really weird. Almost, but to me he's to cute to be afraid of. He is aware of this and it causes him unimaginable pain. Muahaha.

"Charlotte, are you internally monologuing your evil plans again?" Owen asks dryly as he decends the stairs, having heard my evil laugh.

"Uhh, Yes. Yes I was." Ha. You probably thought I would deny it right? Wrong! Its not something to be ashamed of, plus I have no shame so I wouldn't care even if it was. Ahh, its a wonderful thing, being shameless. Well for me anyway. For some people it might, understandably, not work out. Back to the cuteness before me and all the things I could use to annoy him with today.

"Did you know that one of your hookups kicked me out this morning instead of the other way around? I found it extremely amusing, if a bit annoying." I scold him. He just raises an eyebrow, to which I do the same. I always win at this game. Always.

After our usual morning stare down I hand him a special takeout container with, an admittedly, evil expression. "I got you something." I sing. Hmm, I wonder how long it'll take him t-

"You've been to Bob's diner I see. How was it?" He asks, oh so casually, while sitting down in our dining roon and getting ready to eat. Ha, how cute, he thinks he's being sneaky.

"Yup." I say, just as casually, while popping the P. "The food was great, as well as the service." At this he freezes. Which is particularly funny because he's eating the breakfast that I brought him when he does. I stealthily snap a pic on my phone, to use as future blackmail. Ha, sucker fell for my trap. Charlotte the expert prankster strikes again. That'll teach him to withhold such cute, adorable babies from me again.

"I presume you met at least one of the boys then?" He asks dejectedly.

"Don't worry my bunny boo. You're still my number one. My main squeeze. My bunny. My one and only love. My-" I'm suddenly cut off on account of the fact that he has covered my mouth with his hand. "Mmnr now fwoon." I mumble through. (You're no fun)

"I can live with that." He smiles peacefully down at me. Curse you, shortness. "You know you love being short." Uhn. He knows me to well. I mean he's not wrong. If I really wanted to I could just make myself taller.

"Wait. I'm not falling for that ruse again. Don't try and distract me mister." I say while poking his chest. Ooh abs, brain melting. Hah, as if. Maybe later, but right now back to the scolding of a lifetime. "I can't believe you willingly kept such cute baby humans from me, Owen. How could you deny me such a basic need? Huh? How could you do this to me?" I whine at him and pout. My life motto in living with him is 'when in doubt, pout'. It always works. Always. Now to just sit back and watch him crumble like a cookie. Oh great, now I want a cookie, or maybe pie, or maybe a-

I'm interrupted yet again, except it's the phone's fault this time. I glare at the phone as Owen answers it without looking. Stupid phone for interrupting me. I was going to pout enough that Owie would have no choice but to hug me. Oh well. I shrug and hug him myself, all while still glaring at the phone.

"Tomato. Owen Blackbourne speaking." Owen answers. You can for sure tell that I had something to do with the hilarious randomness of the Academy. I couldn't resist putting it in there. I really couldn't.

"I see. I'll be there in ten minutes." He says seriously and hangs up. O oh. I mean I could have listened in and already know what that was about but Owen has kinda drilled it into me not to listen in on conversations that I'm not invited to. So now instead of always eavesdropping, I only do it sometimes. Hehe, what can I say? I can't be tamed.

"What is it Bunny?" I ask, stepping back, slightly worried at his blank expression. I mean his face is usually blank but not with me. "What's wrong?"

"Mr. Korba along with Mr. Ravenstahl, have both been shot while on a mission." He says like an emotionless psychopath.

"Okay, first tone down the weirdness, second is he alive, and third do you want me to apparate you to him?" I ask him calmly.

"Yes." Blank face.

"Okaaay then. Where to gov'ner." I put on an oldtimey English accent to try make him at least not look so dead. Well would you look at that... it didn't work.

"The Academy hospital please Mis-" I glare harshly at that. "The hospital please Charlotte."

"Okie-dokie the Academy hospital it is." I grab onto his hand and apparate us to just behind the hospital. Owen, being the busy body that he is immediately walks off in search of his friend. "Ok, see you later, don't take candy from strangers and remember to not look so much like a corpse. It is a hospital after all. Wouldn't want them making the mistake of thinking that the zombie apocalypse has begun. I'm not planning one of those for a looong time so don't spoil it for them." I shout after him. Oh well, he's a big boy. What's the worst that could happen? Yeah no. I'm so following him... But first, is that pie I smell?

After finding the source of the delicious smell and getting a slice of amazing apple pie, I start to wander around. A faint scent of citrus is coming from nearby and I'm now determined to find the source.

"Oof." Comes out of the guy I just bumped into's mouth. Suffice to say I want to appear as human as possible so I'm now currently greeting the floor with my butt and back. 'Hello floor. I'm so sorry we had to meet like this. I have to go now. Nice meeting you.' I think cheerfully.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going, and you were there, and... Oh I'm just so sorry." The poor human I bumped into stumbles out. 

I look up into worried crystal clear green eyes and blurt out. "Cherubs aren't aloud on earth any more." Oh fudgekins. He's human, you idiot. What have I gotten myself into now.

Hi, Phonix here I just want to say thank you again to all of you reading this. It means so much and it really inspires me to write more. A big thanks to stappb2368 for being the first to vote and comment on chapter 2, you are awesome. Another thanks to Thundering_Love for being the second person to vote on chapter 2. So I'm out of here, I think my mom is starting to get irritated with my exited ranting. I can't help it though, I'm just so HAPPY. Just know I'm happily screaming internally because of you guys. Anyhoo, enough fan girling. Sleep calls me, bye. *crazy waving*👋🖐👋 peace ✌