ii. Agatha

ᴬⁿᵈ ᴵ ʰᵉˡᵈ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵃˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ
ᴮᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ʰᵃᵛᵉ
ᴬˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵐᵉ

【 ♪ 】

ᵉᵛᵃⁿᵉˢᶜᵉⁿᶜᵉ
ᵐʸ ⁱᵐᵐᵒʳᵗᵃˡ

⭑━━𝘼𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙖━━⭑

Isis took the kettle off the hob

Isis took the kettle off the hob. Her mother was lighting candles to keep the room in a soft light. The wind was blowing hard outside. Sometimes, shutters slammed. Isis had such a composure it didn't scared her that much. She had always been a undisturbed girl. She never lost her temper, as long as she knew she wasn't going to die at some point.

"Where did you say dad was?" she asked, filling two mugs with hot milk.

"I don't know," Lana replied, openly worried. "He's been out all day."

They settled at the table. Lana thanked her daughter with a smile as she seized her hot mug. Isis took her hand to comfort her.

"He'll come back," she soothed. "I trust his abilities. Either he's already on the way home, or he's gone for shelter somewhere, in which case we'll see him tomorrow morning."

Lana nodded with a tense face. Isis took a sip of her drink. She winced.

"Too hot... again," she sighed. "Nevermind. You should try to get some sleep."

"I can't," her mother replied in a low voice, looking outside with anxiety.

"It's up to you. Personally, I will resume this very good book..."

"Moby Dick?" asked Lana with a entertained smile.

Isis chuckled.

"How did you guess?"

"You only read one book since the 1st grade," her mother said with obviousness.

"... Indeed. I can't prove you wrong."

Isis finished her hot milk, and raised to put her mug in the sink. Then, she went to kiss her mother on her forehead.

"Bye, mom. Don't stay up all night."

"I'll try. Good night, sweetie."

Isis went to lay on her narrow bed and caught her book. The atmosphere offered by the hurricane fitted perfectly the story, so well that she didn't close her eyes until the storm had subsided.

The sun was already high in the sky when she got up. Its light was passing through her yellow curtains, giving nice vibes to the room. All was quiet, and only a few birds had the nerve to sing despite the recent foul wind.

Isis went to pour herself a cup of coffee and stepped outside her house to see the damage. She was surprised to find that she expected worse. Most of the surroundings trees were disturbingly leaning, and a lot of big branches had fallen to the ground, but her house was unharmed. On the other hand, some of the shutters were broken and some things which surely belonged to the neighborhood were lying in the fallow garden. Overall, they had been pretty lucky.

Isis went back inside. She saw a piece of scribbled paper waiting for her on the table.

Dad hasn't return. I'm going to seek information from the neighbors. Don't worry, sweetie, I probably wouldn't be back until tonight. XO

She put the paper in her coat pocket. Now, she was starting to worry. Just enough to get dressed quickly, put on her big brown boots and get out of the house. She took her bike out of the shed, and went straight to the police station.

There, she saw her mother with some police officers and a few rescuers. Her heart started to race unpleasantly. Lana sobbed as she talked to the officers. When she saw her daughter, she hurried to come and take her in her arms.

"What's happening, Mom?" Isis asked, freaked out.

"Oh, sweetheart..." her mother stuttered.

"Mom?" Isis insisted, her eyes clouded. "Please..."

Lana shook her head negatively. She understood.

Isis bursted into tears. She strongly hugged her mother. Lana had then to come back and finish her testimony, but Iz was unable to move. She stood here, her legs shaking, smothering her sobs in her hands. She didn't pay attention to the figure who was fast approaching her. Two strong arms wrapped around her shoulders. Totally downcast, Isis let herself be easily.

"It's okay," whispered John B's reassuring voice. "You're gonna be okay."

"No, no, no..." she moaned. "He... He's... I- I can't..."

Someone joined the hug. Isis recognized Kiara, who was crying too.

"I'm so sorry, Izzy..." she said genuinely while slipping her face into her neck.

Pope and JJ finally caught up and all four of them tried to comfort their sorrowful friend. But for now, Isis was inconsolable. She would rather have her house destroyed by the storm than her family. She would rather have lost her property than her father.

But, guess what? In real life, you never get to choose.

⭑━━━━⭑

this one's very short that's why I post it today :)
next one on sunday!!
hope you liked it even if it's a bit sad :(
(#isisprotectionsquad)

send you all my love

☀️💓