xiii. oh to have supportive friends

ᴰᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵍᵒ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ
⁽ᴵ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈⁿ'ᵗ ⁱᶠ ᴵ ᵗʳⁱᵉᵈ⁾

【 ♪ 】

ᵉˡᵗᵒⁿ ʲᵒʰⁿ ᶠᵗ. ᵏⁱᵏⁱ ᵈᵉᵉ
ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵍᵒ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ

⭑━━𝙤𝙝 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨━━⭑

They parked the Jeep near the van, waiting for the boys to come back

They parked the Jeep near the van, waiting for the boys to come back. John B and Pope were there first with the drone. Isis bit her lip with nervosity, looking for JJ's blonde head to come up eventually. When she saw him, she got out of the car and ran straight to him. He welcomed her in his arms. They hugged for a moment. Isis didn't want to let go. It might be stupid, but she was afraid for him.

Nothing new under the sun, actually.

Finally, she put her feet back on the ground. She grabbed his arm tight and came back into the van with him. Kie understood that she'd have to bring back the Jeep alone, so she gave an rendezvous at the restaurant.

Night had fallen when they got there. Isis was already yawning, ready to go to sleep, but the call of hunger was stronger. And it seemed like everyone agreed.

"Stealing drones makes you hungry," said Kie as they parked on front of the Wreck.

"Borrowing, dude," Isis corrected with a smile.

"Yeah, that's right."

"What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now," sighed JJ getting out of the van.

"It would not be pretty," replied Pope.

They entered the restaurant in single file. Kie went to hug his father behind the desk. Isis made him a smile.

"Hi Mike!"

"Hi, sweetie. How you doin?"

"Fine, I guess. How is it going down here?"

"Didn't turn it over once," Mike replied.

"It's probably just... bad luck because of the storm," said Kie.

"Yeah, I'll be sure to tell the banks that."

Isis let out a chortle.

"Guess now is not the best time to ask for free food for me and my friends?" asked Kie with a wince.

Mike sighed. Isis withdrew discreetly, leaving her friend with him. She got to the boys, and JJ immediatly enfolded her in his arms. She rested against his chest, waiting for Kie to come to them with her dad's answer.