xxiii. "Together."

ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗⁱᵐᵉˢ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒᵗᵗᵃ ᵇˡᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵏⁿᵒʷ
ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵃˡⁱᵛᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃ ˢᵒᵘˡ

【 ♪ 】

ᵗøᵖ
ᵗᵉᵃʳ ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ

⭑━━"𝙏𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧"━━⭑

Isis didn't know she could've stayed even an hour without any news of JJ

Isis didn't know she could've stayed even an hour without any news of JJ. And three hours passed.

When she had just made herbal tea to calm her nerves, she heard the sound of a distant engine. Glancing through the window, she saw a police car parked behind the trees. They were watching the Chateau.

"Shit," she sighed.

She took the set of keys, tied JJ's hoodie around her waist and slipped away by the back door. Quietly, she walked away on tiptoe. She wanted to reach the shed, where she knew John B had put her bike away.

"Isis!" hissed a voice.

She turned, frowning. She didn't see anything around.

"Peanut!" called the voice again.

"John B?!" she asked, surprised. "Where are you?"

"Right here! On your left!"

She turned around and narrowed her eyes. She distinguished two blurred figures waving at her from the marsh. She came closer. One of them stood on his feet and ran to hug her. Isis immediatly recognized JJ's smell, and her heart raced.

"What the fuck are you doing here??" she asked in a high-pitched tone with tears in her eyes.

"We weren't leaving you alone. We were trying to make out a plan to get you out of here."

She tightened her embrace around his shoulders, relieved to see him.

"Oh my God," she sobbed in his t-shirt. "You scared the shit out of me, you know that?"

"I'm sorry," he breathed.

"Don't be sorry, dumbass," she chortled, putting her hands around his face. "I'm so proud of you. You should be too."

He gave her a hint of a smile, and kissed her softly. Isis kissed him back, before dropping her lips on his cheek. They shared another hug.

"I'm sorry, did I miss something?" inquired John B, frowning at them.

Isis let out a giggle over JJ's shoulder. He then grabbed her hand and took her forward.