engagement / preferences

arthur:

he proposes:
when it comes to engagement, arthur will take it nice and slow, it might even take him a few years of being together to pop the question. arthur wants the engagement to be special, and memorable. he'll take you somewhere close to your heart, maybe the location of your first date or away on a vacation that you've been talking about since you met.

before arthur asks you the big question, he'll probably go back and forth with himself, deciding if it's the right time yet. when he finally gets the courage to propose, he won't regret it for a second.

arthur's proposal itself will be short and sweet. he'll get down on one knee, take your hand and ask you to marry him. when you say yes, his eyes will light up and your lips will be captured in a kiss before you can react!

you propose:
when you propose, you'll want to make sure you're in a calm environment with him. he'll love it even more when there's no distractions to the occasion and he can focus on you and only you. arthur will, at first, be caught off guard and probably ask you to repeat yourself, knowing damn well what you said. arthur is used to tradition and didn't expect you to propose, (if you're female) but he's impressed that you beat him to it.

of course he'll say yes, he loves you more than anything! no matter how early it is in the relationship, as long as he trusts you and you trust him, he'll kiss you passionately and tell you how much he loves you over and over again until finally giving his answer.

arthur will always play with his ring and smile, and begin calling you mrs. morgan before you can even consider yourself married. at the sight of his new fiancé(e), he's going to be as red as a tomato and want to be with you all the time. you are his now, anyway :)

dutch:

he proposes:
when dutch decides to propose, you'll notice him borrowing mary-beth's romance novels to help plan the perfect proposal. he'll get as many people in on at as he can, making sure it all goes right. that includes someone to take over for the night and control the gang while he's away with you, definitely mary-beth to help him pick out a location, and hosea for emotional support.

with help, dutch will eventually decide on going out on the town or a trip to saint denis, whatever you choose, and spoiling you until you felt like a privileged child. it'll make you blush and probably ask why he's doing this, in which he'll respond flustered and try to come up with a lie. you think it's adorable but have no idea what he's planning.

dutch will propose over dinner, making sure everyone in the room knows that you're his. it'll make you blush and probably a little flustered, but of course you'll say yes. he'll let out a sigh of relief and kiss you, then instantly renting a room to finish his business in.

you propose:
if you're going to propose to dutch, you'll want to make sure there's absolutely no stress put on him. wait until it's a quiet day at camp, perhaps after a big victory or the morning after a camp party. make sure his position for the day is covered by someone responsible, like hosea. when taking him out, even if you ask him, he'll make you choose your destination. he always wants his love to get what they want, including where your dates are. choose somewhere romantic but not too crowded. perhaps even somewhere you've never went before! he'll love the adventure of it, especially being an outlaw who is mostly cooped up in camp all day.

everyone knows dutch is a sucker for compliments, so butter him up all day long. he'll be in an even better mood by the end of the night! when you finally pop the question, he'll be taken back by it. he always expected himself to be the one to propose, but he'll get over it, he loves you anyway. before answering, he'll grab you by the waist and kiss you all over, followed by a happy yes with a big smile.