catch up with bill williamson

requested by @intrigue810

engagement:

bill-

he proposes:
bill might not seem like a sentimental type, but when he's planning on proposing, he's going all out. he's not going to bring you to your first date location. (because he was definitely too awkward during that) instead, he's bringing you to your favorite date location. it might not seem like it, but bill pays close attention to your favorite things. of course, it'll take him at least a few months to decide he wants to propose. when he decides to pop the question, he only brings a few people in on it, specifically dutch and hosea. he wants them to make sure there's absolutely nothing you need to stress about when he takes you out that night and you can be completely focused on each other.

bill definitely isn't too nervous to propose, and has the entire thing replaying in his head the entire time. although his constant rehearsal, when the time comes, he'll be like a flustered child. he'll stutter, probably start over his sentence a few times. you think it's adorable, but he definitely thinks he screwed that up and the night is ruined. you'll have to reassure him by saying yes!

when bill realizes you just accepted, his eyes light up. although he had planned it for weeks, it just now hits him that he's getting married. bill won't be able to keep his mouth shut until the wedding, showing you off to everyone and only introducing you as his fiance(e).

you propose:
i'm surprised if you have the balls to propose before bill, because clearly he wouldn't expect it. (especially if you're female) he always thought tradition was going to follow through and he was going to be the one to propose. when you propose, his focus is going to need to be entirely on you. which means absolutely no one else around, which also means you'll have to get it of camp for this one. it seems as though bill enjoys the open scenery instead of the city or towns, so a date out in the wilderness is definitely more his style.

when you propose, bill will definitely be shocked. YOU got to it before he did? unbelievable. although his shock, he won't hesitate to accept. he might even shed a few tears, out of excitement and confusion. the end of the night can be enjoyed by having a drink together, and spending the whole next day away from the gang. he needs time to spend with his new fiancé(e)! when returning to camp, he might be embarrassed that he wasn't the one to propose so he'll avoid the question if anyone were to ask. don't worry, though. he loves you the same, maybe even more.

you're an o'driscoll:

you're in relationship with your preference, and they ask where you were before joining the gang. after telling them you were an o'driscoll, they react.

bill-
when you tell bill that you used to be an o'driscoll, he'll be very confused. the amount of questions he'll ask makes it more like an interrogation. bill is undoubtedly one of dutch's most loyal members, and you'll have to make sure he understands that you're not a threat to the gang. it'll take some time, no doubt, but bill will come around. his paranoia will go away if you just continue to treat him as normal and give him space. the giving him space part is extremely important, if you don't then he'll instantly be more suspicious as to why you're forcing yourself onto him. don't fret, give him time to come around and he'll treat you just as he always has.