Quantum leap chapter 9

Lock down

With the heat definitely on now and a little bit of sweat rolling down young Al's face he says.

"how we have crossed a state boarder.?"

Future Al taps the hand link and replies

"even tho Ziggys not totally sure how they are doing it there is a 62.3 per cent chance there must be some sort of tracking device either in this car or oh your persons Ziggys not sure which."

Young Al says

"great, just great"

Suddenly as they are driving down the road gun shots hit the body work of the vehicle.

Young AL puts his foot completely down on the pedel and the car speeds up like they are running away from the devil himself.

Old AL says to his past life

"Al there's a gun in the glove compartment of this car. Ziggys says you need to stop the car grab the gun and you need to shoot the gun man otherwise if you don't Ziggy says he will always be able to track you down and he will always come for you."

Al says" I can't do that there must be another way? "

" there isn't Al you need to stop now. "

Young Al turns the car left and parks into a car park.

The other car slowly follows and stops near the entrance of the car park blocking anyone from coming into our out of the car park.

Al opens the glove compartment grabs the gun checks and the gun is fully loaded and he says to his future self.

"I hope you and Ziggy are right about this?"

The other driver of the other vehicle gets out of there car and with a gun in hand walks slowly towards Al's vehicle.

Al gets out of the car slowly and points the gun at the stranger walking towards him and with out thinking he shoots him in the shoulder.

The other guy hits the ground in pain Al runs towards him and kicks his gun out of his hand and points his gun at the strangers head and says.

Old Al reappears next to his past self tapping the hand link.

"I want you to stop coming after me other wise I will stop you right here right now."

The gunman trying to nurse his own shoulder.

"Well you will have to kill me otherwise I will keep coming for you mark"

Older Al says reading from the hand link

"it's no use Al to leap you have to kill the gun man reasoning with him isn't going to work."

"I have to try"

Al still pointing the gun at the gunman.

"promise me you will stop coming after me otherwise I will have to shoot you"

The gunman shouts

"shoot me then!"

Al says

"OK it's your choice"

He shoots the gunmans leg and hand in complete pain the gunman falls into unconsciousness.

Al puts his gun back in his jacket pocket and looks at his future self and says.

"am not going to kill him it's not what Sam would do if he was here"

Old Al hits the hand link and reads the display and says.