(29)

Anti POV

What feels like ages pass as I rise off the tree that was holding me up. My body still aches as I make my way through the woods. The closer I get to Y/n, though, the better I'm starting to feel. He's holding my necklace, I can tell, and I smile as I begin to move faster.

But my smile quickly turns as I hear the crumbling castle doors fly open. Dark roars again, rattling the whole earth  as he does. 'Shit!,' I think to myself as I try to run farther away towards the cave but I don't get far before Dark body slams me to the ground.

"Beat me down...in my own home...and you dare try to get out alive?!," Dark growls as he steps harder into my back. His heel digs right into my spine as he chuckles low.

"Th..There's a m-major difference between me and you, Damien," I groan as I begin to lift myself back up, "It may be cheesy but I have...love." I slam my hands down and send an electric shock through the ground. The shock runs up Dark's leg, causing him to fall off me and writhe on the ground in pain for a moment, giving me the time to stand up. Once on my feet, my eyes begin to glow as they narrow into a glare.

Dark growls low and attempts to grab my ankles but misses. I stomp on his wrist and pull his head up by his hair. "If you know whats good for you, Dark," I spit venom as I say his name, "You'll stop focusing on me and start focusing more on protecting yourself. A smirk comes across my face as some of the other egos start to pour out of the darkness. The good doctors, JJ, even Chase and Google crowd around the small and weak frame of Darkiplier. I back away as the group begin to get their revenge and head towards the cave. I just hope that both of them are safe when I get there...

Brenna POV

'Oh god. I heard Dark coming. I hope he doesn't find me,' I think as I make my way through the trees. I can tell the lands are changing because as I move, it gets easier to find my way around. Finally, I come upon a cave. It seems to be the one Anti had told me about so I make my way inside. "Y/n? Are you here?," I call out quietly the farther in I go.

"Brenna? You made it? Where's Anti," he comes out slowly, cautious if it's really me or not, before slamming into me with a large hug. Its rather easy to tell but he's struggling to hold back tears as he holds me.

I hug him back, equally as tight, "Anti told me to run ahead of him. I don't know how far behind me he is now. I don't know if you felt it but Dark came back out after him. After us." I can see his face twist with a wave of emotions as he looks on to the cave entrance. He fiddles with his necklace, his hand never once leaving the charm. With a heavy sigh, I turn and rest on a nearby rock. 'You're not alone, Y/n. I hope he gets here safe too...'

Anti POV

'There's the cave! I'm almost there!' I run through the entrance and time instantly slows down. Y/n jumps up and throws himself at me. I catch him in a spinning hug, him burying his head in the crook of my neck. Brenna stands up as well, smiling wide. We're together. All of us, together.

"Come on guys. Lets get back to your Earth," I say, my voice breaking slightly as exhaustion starts to kick in. They both take my hand and, with the last bit of strength I can muster, I transport us all back to Earth, to Y/n's home.

Your POV

It's a bit of a shock but we're home, in my home. Or, at least I am. Brenna seems to be the most surprised out of us three to be back. That's not a bad thing either; she was away from here for two years after all. "I don't really have the space for you here, B, but you're more than welcome to crash on my couch for as long as you need," I say to her, a knowing smile on my face. She nods slightly and smiles back before sitting down, yawning and rubbing her eyes.

My own eyes grow heavy now as Anti and I head back to my room. We're both dirty, broken, and exhausted from being in the ego world. I, no longer caring about how I look, pull off my filthy clothes and fall into bed. Anti, with a worried and confused look on his face, chuckles under his breath, "What exactly did you go through in there?"

"I'll tell you later. For now, just come lay with me," I reply with a groan. Anti just shakes his head and follows suit, climbing into bed with me. At first, he doesn't get too close but only moments pass before I'm snoring next to him. With a soft blush, he wraps an arm around me and falls asleep as well.

Finally, peace.