𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

DRAPETOMANIA
chapter two

"do we know whose boat that is?" asks kie with confusion evident in her voice, "no, but we're about to find out." responds john b confident with himself.

"dude, it's too deep." speaks jj peering into the water with his eyes narrowed, "for the weak and feeble." replies the brunette boy grabbing the anchor from the boat hold.

"well im not resuscitating you." says jj crossing his arms and scoffing in disbelief, "jb i can hold my breath for six minutes. i learned in gym when i was at school. i can do it." speaks kelsie still reliable on her diving abilites.

"kels..." argues jj wrapping his arms around the girl in disagreement, "no. i can do it." says the girl shaking off jj's arms and taking the anchor from john b. kelsie stands on the side of the boat with a confident smirk looking at jj and he just rolls his eyes.

"diver down fool." speaks pope saluting kelsie like an army soldier and she returns the gesture, "yeah she is." speaks jj as he knocks the girl into the water with a swift push. kelsie lets go of the anchor a few feet down and swims toward the boat. she looks and feels around the best she can with the slightly murky water till she feels something.

the girl glances at her hand to see she grabbed a motel key. she pushes off the boat swiftly and soars above the surface scaring the others, "oh my god! that took forever! don't scare me like that kelsie." scolds kie pulling her twin up into the boat.

"any dead bodies? looting potential?" questions jj, "no and no. but i found a motel key." speaks kels holding the key up fairly proud but skeptical at her seemingly lame discovery.

"a key?" questions pope throwing his hands up in the air with disappointment, "yes. a key pope." says kels rolling her eyes at the boy's dramatic response, "great! we salvaged a motel key!" says jj pacing on the boat. pope starts the boat back up again and the pogues begin to move towards the shore.

"guys. we should report the wreck to the coast guard. maybe we'll get a finders fee." speaks kiara, "yeah and not work all summer. thanks agatha, ya batch." scoffs jj as he hits his vape.

the pogues reach where the coast guard are camping out. kelsie, john b, and jj walk into a tent flooded with people and approach the man at the help desk.
a couple is at the desk nagging about their missing diabetic dog which makes kelsie roll her eyes, "excuse me!" shouts the girl at the receptionist visibly frustrated.

"hey man, we found a boat." speaks jj in a calm tone attempting to encourage kelsie to stop yelling, "you're gonna wanna hear this!" continues the girl still yelling, "hey! calm down." speaks the receptionist pointing at kelsie. the girl scoffs and storms out of the tent jj following shortly behind.

"well that went well." speaks kelsie throwing her hands in the air.

"so whats the plan?"

"we go to the motel."

the pogues approach the motel and kelsie feels uneasy. "i thought the chateau looked bad." states the girl, "this place is a shitshow." speaks jb surveying his surroundings with raised brows.

"motel or meth lab?" asks kie looking back at her sister who's in awe of the destruction, "you be the judge." says pope with a smirk.

"doesn't look like a place somebody with a grady-white stays." speaks john b, "no. looks like a place somebody with a grady-white would get killed." mutters kelsie wrapping her arms around herself in defense.