𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

DRAPETOMANIA
chapter five

kelsie wakes up to the sound of talking and extra weight on her body. jj has his head resting on her chest with his arms wrapped around her and kie is standing at the foot of her in her room talking, "come on lovebirds! you have 20 minutes before i leave to go to john b's without you!"

kelsie rubs her eyes and gives her twin a thumbs up in response. kelsie looks down at the boy laying on her and smiles. jj is still fast asleep and his hair is disheveled across his forehead with the morning sun shining on his face. in kelsie's eyes he looks beautiful. kelsie begins rubbing light circles on the bare skin of the boy's back and he eventually starts to stir, "good morning." speaks the girl quietly. jj looks up at the girl before putting his head back down in disagreement.

"jj. we have to get up." argues kelsie trying to get out of his grasp to get ready, "no. not happening, princess. you're staying here with me and we're cuddling all day." replies the boy his voice deep and raspy from waking up.

"as good as that sounds maybank, we have to go to john b's. get up please i don't wanna drag you out of bed." pleads kelsie for the final time. the boy sighs and sits up stretching, "fine."

"jj. i'm gonna shower and get ready. when i'm done please be ready because kie said we're leaving in twenty." jj nods in response and kelsie walks out of her room and into her bathroom.

"look i'm calling it off alright?" speaks jb slightly panicked, "peterkin said if i stay out of the marsh she'll help me with dcs."

"and you believed her?" questions jj in disbelief, "yes i believe her jj."

jj rolls his eyes in response, "an actual cop john b. you believed a cop." john b huffs, "all i gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple of days and she'll help me out. and it doesn't help that you were the one shooting the gun!"

"you know what i should have done? just let topper drown your ass." speaks jj bluntly as he plays with his lighter in frustration, "yeah like topper was gonna drown me" scoffs john b. "sure looked like it. have you looked in a mirror?"

"tell me some more. come on." speaks jb getting up and getting in jj's face, "they always win don't they man? kooks versus pogues. they always, always win!" yells jj punching the float above his head.

"look! both of you! it's fine!" yells kelsie trying to break up the argument between the two boys, "it's not! they don't going down into the marsh and that means there's something valuable down there and you know it kels." argues jj, "i know you do and i get why you guys don't wanna go." trails on jj, "pope you're the golden boy and you got way too much to risk. kelsie. you and kie are already rich as fuck anyways."

"but you and me man! we got nothing to lose!" yells jj impatiently gesturing to john b. "and i know it didn't use to be like that for you but i have a plan."

"and that's what?" questions kie unconvinced, "the keys to camerons boat. there's scuba gear and we go down to the wreck this afternoon."

"does anybody know how to dive?" asks pope hoping for a good answer. "it's kind of a kook sport." replies jj. "i read about it." adds pope.

"great pope read about it. someone is gonna die." speaks jj running his hands through his hair nervously, "look. you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. how hard can it be?" asks john b growing impatient.