There Was an Idea

Point of View: Steve Rogers
———•———

"Oh my God would you two please stop already," He asked loudly from across the room, sprawled out on the sofa.

Ok, ok fine. I was making out with Bucky maybe a little too heatedly- but it's understandable! We have a perfectly good excuse. Stark Tower was extremely boring today. No missions, no tasks, not even Tony could handle this much free time. We all sat in our respective chairs on the top floor- all of us but Loki, who was admiring the view from the window.

What more was there to do on a rainy, Sunday afternoon? I mean, there didn't seem to be any imminent threats these last few months... not like there was some sort of power-hungry space god trying to destroy New York, a robot of our own creation trying to annihilate us individually by exploiting our deepest weaknesses or a raging purple space titan attempting to erase half of the universal populations as we know them... right?

"Hello? Earth to Steve Rogers," he mocked me. Everyone laughed as I looked over at him, breaking the kiss.

"I'm sorry, do you need a kiss too?" I replied, speaking all too soon.

"Actually Rogers," he started. "That's not a bad idea at all. Really, the first good one you've had in ages."

I looked at Nat, confused. Did he actually want me to go over there and kiss him? Never in my God given life would I willingly kiss that man.

"Huh?" I finally asked, taken back.

"Hold on. I'll be right back," he got up and left the room.