ch.5

Leo POV:

Piper, Nico, and I were howling with laughter as we watched the video Annabeth sent us. Nico had a half finished hairstyle and now she was wheezing trying to breath through her laughter.

Once we all calmed down and caught our breath Piper gave Nico a round brush and a comb to try and re-detangle her hair. She winced and I felt the second hand pain. Anyone with curly hair knows it takes an eternity to derange it enough to be able to do anything with it. Even when it's brushed out it's practically quadrupled in size.

She pouted and walked over to her bed to plop down and start what should have been one of Heracles' trials from the Olympians.

I looked back at Piper who motioned me to sit in the chair. I swallowed my dread and slowly made my way to my doom.

"Okay Leo, do you have any requests before I start."
"WHAT! Why does Leo get to choose his hairstyle?!?"
"Because Leo didn't try to run when I said I'd be doing your hair."

Nicos mouth flopped open and closed like a fish. I chuckled at her expression.

"Could you cut it a bit shorter Beauty Qu-King? I don't want to get stuck in any of my machines."

He nodded looking like he was very deep in thought.

"Do you want layers or just a straight cut? I could also thin out your hair or just leave it as is? Or I could dye it? What about bangs?"

"Uhhh...Yes?"

He laughed, "Do you want it all the same length? Do you want me to make it less fluffy? Do you want coloring or highlights? And lastly, bangs?"

"Hmmm... no, no I'm proud to have my natural volume, nah it'll damage my hair, and no they'll stick to my forehead when I'm in the forge all sweaty."

"Ok, so I'll give you layers and some stuff to keep it in check. I don't think dry cutting your hair is a good idea so we're going to have to cut it in the bathroom."

"Nico can we use the bathroom?"

She looked up through the frizz of her hair and nodded then went back to trying to get the brush out of her hair

I just let Piper do whatever he was doing. He took the spinning chair, with me in it, over to the bathroom and draped a cape thing over me and spun the chair so I was facing Nico, who looked like she was ready to just attack her hair with a pair of gardening shears, and I was facing away from the sink.

I laughed until Piper tried to run a paddle brush through my hair, then my my laughter cut off into a yelp of pain. My hands flew up to my hair to get the offending object away from my head. Piper apologized profusely as I took the brush out of my hair and Nico laughed.

"It's all good Pipes but I think it'd be a good idea for Nico and I to just derange each other's hair since we know the technique."

"Not a bad idea Valdez, now can you get over here and help me get this out of my hair."

"Well while you guys do that I'm going to find myself some clothes. I think my brothers may have some. "

With that a Piper left us to deal with our hair on our own.

A/N: I have curly hair so when I describe things happening like Nico with the brush I will sometimes base it on stuff that has happened to me.
I'm going to split this into a couple chapters.