Chapter 6

(Yes, a new banner! Done by: -peachyymilk , thank you! Hahahaaa it matches the chapter, you see? :3)(And yeah, this isn't the most

(And yeah, this isn't the most....peaceful chapter yet, this is a warning for....gore? I honestly don't know XD)

Echoclaw shut her eyes, trying not to think about Whitefeather. She needed to talk to Reedstar, that's all that mattered at the moment. "I don't know!" Stemthorn wailed, no doubt having another mood swing, though no cat could blame her.

Echoclaw knew where Whitefeather was.

"We have to find him!" Petalbreeze rasped.

But no cat would be able to find him.

"Where did you last see Whitefeather?" Curltail asked.

Good. Echoclaw didn't have to answer that, she's never seen Whitefeather.

"At camp, in the medicine den!" Poppypaw wailed.

"He burned!" A RiverClan warrior gasped. "Shut up, Mosswhisker!" Maplefur, the RiverClan deputy hissed angrily. It was hard for Echoclaw to breathe, the humidity of the tunnels mixed with the smoke seeping underground. The tunnels continued to grow hotter. And hotter. And harder to breathe. Echoclaw was shuddering, knowing that she should tell these cats where Whitefeather was.

But he had begged.

He didn't want them to find him.

"Echoclaw, I'm a burden." Whitefeather whispered, his white pelt matted with dirt and singed by the hungry flames. He backed farther into the bushes. The fire licked at Echoclaw's back, and she felt like she was melting at her spot. It hurt. "Whitefeather, please get out of there!" Echoclaw pleaded, snapping wildly in the air to grab her mentor's scruff. "Go!" Whitefeather yowled as the flames roared.

Echoclaw desperately tried to grab the white tom by his scruff, make him leave. "Echoclaw, I'll slow every cat down. One of us needs to make it out alive, and that cat is going to be you. Keep our Clan safe, I'll watch you from StarClan." Echoclaw felt the breath being pushed out of her as she was knocked away by Whitefeather's last ounce of strength. There was no way back to her mentor. "Whitefeather!" Echoclaw cried, running as the flames swallowed up the area.

And that sickening cry, that pained screech. It chased Echoclaw back to her Clanmates. She couldn't tell them.
She really was a murderer, just like she had feared. "No!" She exclaimed, her fur burning, Whitefeather's screeches so real they sounded like he was dying all over again. "What, dear?" Petalbreeze meowed. "Whitefeather's dead! I killed him!" Echoclaw cried, feeling like going into the flames and melting, just like Whitefeather had.

"What?" Shardstorm snarled. "Traitor! I always knew she was insane!" He hissed.

Insane? Am I insane or leaving him?