Chapter 7

This must me Murtle

This must me Murtle.

"Leaving." Echoclaw said, spinning around. "And you?" She growled, her hackles lifting. "She's also blind!" Melody meowed helpfully. "That's great, honey." Murtle muttered, turning to Echoclaw. He was probably staring at her. "You're blind, eh?" "Yes, and I am completely fine with it." Echoclaw meowed, starting away. "Wait-where are you heading to?" The tom asked. "Is it your buisness?" She hissed.

"It is if you want to leave."

I like this cat. Echoclaw thought, sitting down and letting her wet fur smooth. "I'm going to the tunnels, where my Clan is sheltering, since our camp was destroyed." Murtle seemed satisfied, his voice easing tension. "Ah, the fire?" He asked. "Yes." She replied. "Can we go? Our cave is soggy, and there's ash in it, and my paws are all messy..." Melody whimpered.

"No, Melody, we're perfectly fine. And you....cream cat, what's your name? I'm Murtle."

"I'm Echoclaw." "They all have really weird names." Melody whispered, though it was loud enough that Echoclaw could hear. "Follow me if you want, but I need to go." She snapped, whirling around and dashing through the woods, hoping to lose them. Soft pawsteps followed from behind her, and pulled up ahead of her. "Melody!" Murtle panted, running behind the two.

"I'm leaving, do what you'd like."
                                                                                                      .  .  .
"Though we do not have his body here tonight, he was a loyal medicine cat who will be missed." Curltail meowed solemnly. Copperheart looked around the the tunnels, his heart in his throat. Who would wish them off to StarClan? Branchpaw had made his way out of his nest, wheezing and trembling, to attend the vigil, Mistnose pressed to his side. Suddenly, the cave began to fill with the sound of pawsteps. Many pawsteps.

"Invasion!" Birchpaw yowled, shooting up from his spot in front of Velvetkit and bristling his fur. Shardstorm and a few other warriors shot up before a familiar voice drifted through the mud walls. "It's me, It's me! I've brought some....cats with me...." "Echoclaw!" Reedstar exclaimed, rushing up to her before pulling away in the dim moonlight. "Don't do that again. Now that you're the only medicine cat in ShadowClan, we need you more than ever."

Rainleaf and Snowsap exchanged glances before turning their gazes to a pale gray she-cat with blue eyes and a white spot on her head, and a gray and white tom with cold yellow eyes. How could yellow be a cold color? Copperheart didn't know. Maybe saying they burned like flames would be a better description. "What are they doing here?" Shardstorm asked, still on his feet.

"Well, their names are Murtle and Melody, and they helped me find camp again!" The questioning looks from the two rouges seemed to contradict Echoclaw's claim, but Copperheart decided not to say anything. "Oh, I see." Reedstar murmured. "Was your home burned down, too?" He queried. Melody perked her ears. "Oh, yes. We used to live in this hollow of a huge tree, but when the fire started, the tree caught!