Chapter 13

"You will be known as Stormcloud, Featherstorm, and Smokeclaw", Flickerstar meowed. 

The dog attack had become a distant memory as the moon passed. Now that Featherstorm was healed she has received her warrior name.

"Stormcloud!  Featherstorm!  Smokeclaw! ," every cat yowled. 

"We're warriors now" Smokeclaw purred.

After the three new warriors sat vigil, they made their nests in the warriors den.  Smokeclaw insisted that Featherstorm would have a nest beside him. Stormcloud sighed as he watched the two warriors. The dark gray tom tried to make a nest beside Willowclaw, but the mottled she-cat hissed and turned away.

"Make your own nest!" she spat.

Stormcloud flattened his ears with shock and looked around with a sigh. 

"I'm sorry",  Featherstorm sighed. 

"Just get away from me!",  the young warrior spat. 

"Come here", Smokeclaw whispered. 

Featherstorm dipped her silver head and slowly made her way through the sleeping warriors and laid down beside her Clanmate.  She finally let sleep overcome her.

"Hunting patrol", a voice meowed. 

Featherstorm looked up and saw sun shining into the warriors den. She saw the broad shouldered form of Stonepelt and nudged Smokeclaw. 

"Wake up you furball!", she yowled. 

"I'm up!", the pale tabby meowed as he shot up out of his nest.

Mintnose and Silvercloud was waiting for them at the camp entrance.  When the older silver-gray she-cat saw her daughter, she raced towards her with a purr. 

"I'm so proud of you and Stormcloud", she meowed.  

Breezeclaw padded up to them and purred deeply as he brushed against his mate.  "Let's go and see if Lionfur wants us", he meowed. 

Stonepelt was waiting for Featherstorm with his paws kneading into the ground. "Let's go", he meowed.  

"Wait", Flickerstar meowed with a wave of his black-and-white tail.   "Featherstorm will stay here and Stormcloud will go with you.  You", he meowed with a look at her.  "Will stay here and guard the camp", he meowed.

Featherstorm dipped her head and watched as the cats left with a sigh.  Smokeclaw flicked his tabby tail affectionately towards her and purred. She watched as they left and headed out of the den and sat down beside the camp's entrance with a sigh. 

"Your destiny will soon be lost", a voice whispered in her ears. 

Featherstorm turned her head and her eyes widened when she saw the ghost of Whisperstar. Her fur stood up and she hissed.

"I don't care about my destiny!", she spat. 

"I do and you will accept it!", Whisperstar growled.  

Darkclaw and Willowclaw suddenly padded past with prey in their jaws. Whisperstar was gone. Willowclaw spotted her and padded towards her. 

"You can go. I got this", she meowed.  "Just make sure to bring my prey into camp for me." 

Featherstorm widened her eyes and grabbed the mottled warrior's prey and headed into camp.  When Stormcloud's patrol came back, Featherstorm went over to congratulate her brother, he turned away from her with a flick of his tail and stalked off.  Smokeclaw, who had just shown up, watched the dark gray warrior leave with anger in his amber eyes.