Present - Seokjin & Jungkook

"Seokjin?" It was so quiet when he returned home, like the apartment had to be empty despite the fact that his mate should, theoretically, be there somewhere.

"In here, alpha." The voice sounded weak, like it's owner had just woken up with the sound of the door, and he sighed at the knowledge that he had probably interrupted the omega's rest. Curling his arm more securely around the little stuffed bunny, he walked through the darkened space into the bedroom.

"There's my beautiful baby." Seokjin was pushing himself up as he entered, reaching to turn on the lamp that sat on the bedside table before rubbing his eyes, trying to clear the sleep from them. "I'm sorry for waking you."

"It's okay." The worst of the sickness had seemingly passed, leaving him able to wake up with out instantly having to run to empty the contents of his stomach. Shifting, curled his legs up into a pretzel formation, before reaching forward to take the little brown bunny out of his mates hands. "How did the appointment go?"

"Good. We talked about a lot." Their sessions had become fewer as time had worn on, until they only ever happened when Jungkook felt as though he needed them. And he had definitely needed one. "She gave me some things to work on."

"Anything I can help with?"

"Actually... she suggested that you and I talk about somethings. That we set some boundaries."

"I think that's a good idea." Shifting, he pushed the blanket down so it was pooled in front of him instead of covering his legs, twisting just a little so they were facing each other perfectly. "Want to start?"

"It really bothers me how you always bring up Namjoon. I know you're close to him and that's okay. But it feels like you're always going behind my back and running to him." Reaching out, his fingers ran began to play with one of the floppy ears of the little rabbit, a nervous habit he had picked up during his sessions.

"You're right. I do do that. Only... most of the time I ask him first." Which felt even more wrong somehow, especially when he actually spoke the words out loud. "For a long time, he was the only alpha I knew. So I would always go to him. And I know it sounds awful, but he gives really good advice. So I just never stopped."

"If you don't like the advice I'm giving you, you could just tell me that."

"I could. You're right."

"I don't want to keep you from seeing someone who's important to you. But honestly I'm starting to feel like I'm not good enough for you and it's because you keep bringing him up."

"Kookie." It was a soft sound, full of devastation and pain, and he almost flinched at the intensity of it. But the tension left as crooked fingers found his own, slipping between them and tightening. "I'm sorry. I never meant to make you feel like that. You are more than good enough for me. For us. You're the most incredible alpha I've ever known. I brag about you to everyone. I guess I just forgot that I need to show you that too."

"Thank you, Jinnie."

"Tell me what I can do to make it better?"

"You've been so good about telling me where you are and reassuring me even when you're with him. But I would really like if you didn't bring him up so often. And if you don't like the advice that I'm giving you, say something. I'm here to help you, to guide you, but I can only do that if you let me."

"I'll try, Kookie. Give me a little time, okay? But I promise I'll work on it."

"I know you will baby." Lifting their joint hands, he pressed the smooth back of Seokjin's hand to his lips, before tracing the pad of his thumb across it. "Your turn."

"I don't really have any complaints." Jungkook had been incredibly lenient with him. Understanding and compassionate. "Maybe you're a little too jealous sometimes, but I really don't help with that."

"Then... why did you get so mad when I tried to get you follow through with your dad?"

"Because... everything just happened really fast. It felt like I was trapped in this roller coaster and I couldn't get off. One second I'm living one life and the next everything is upside down and different. I guess that was just the thing that became too much."

"I understand that but... baby, you could have just said you were struggling. That you needed more time. I would have understood and I know your father would have too."

"I did. Or at least, I thought I did. It just felt like you weren't listening and I got defensive."

"I'm sorry it seemed like I wasn't listening. I'll work on that, okay?"

"Alright, alpha. I just... I really hope that I didn't ruin things with him, you know?"

"What did you tell him sweetheart?"

"Just that I had changed my mind and we weren't coming. I've pretty much just been ignoring him since then."

"Do you want me to maybe talk to him?"

"What if he hates me?"

"He's not going to hate you. I promise, baby. He'll understand. Do you want me to explain?"

"Yes." This was a first leap of faith, a show of intent and trust, to hand this over and allow Jungkook to fix the mess he had created. "Please fix it alpha."

"I will, little one. Do you want to try and rest more?"

"Will you lay with me until I fall asleep?"

"Of course. Anything for you."

...

Jeon_Jungkook:

Hello! So, this is probably a little awkward, but I'm Seokjin's mate. He actually asked me to message you and apologize for before. A lot of things kind of happened all at once and it was just a lot.

Jung_Hoseok:

Hey! I'm actually just really glad to hear he's okay. It seemed kind of out of character for him to just change his mind like that. I don't really know if it's my place but can I ask what's going on with him?

Jeon_Jungkook:

I'm not sure how much he said but he hasn't told his mom about him talking to you. So I think that's been bothering him a lot.

Right before we became mated we actually had a pretty big fight. It almost broke us apart. During that time he also got pregnant, something he didn't really want at first. I think dealing with an accidental pregnancy and learning how to be a mate has just been a lot.

When you asked him to come meet you, I think it was just too much.

Jung_Hoseok:

I wish he had told me all of that. I want him to know I'm here for him no matter what.

But I get it. I do. That is so much to have to deal with all at once. And he's still pretty young too.

Please tell him I understand, and that I'll wait until he's ready. Even if he never is, then that's okay too. If he decides to pull away, then that's alright. I truly do love him with all of my heart.

Jeon_Jungkook:

Jinnie is very stubborn sometimes. It's one of things I love about him most.

I'll tell him. And keep encouraging him to come back to you. It may be a little while though. But I won't give up on it.

Jung_Hoseok:

You sound like such a good alpha. I'm so glad my baby boy has you. Thank you, Jungkook. I'll wait forever.